We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Carry On Rules-Liquor

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
New Carry On Rules-Liquor

Hi. I saw this on a few of the fan pages on facebook. So, as of 1/31/14 it sounds like you can carry on your liquor onto your connecting flight if MBJ is using these STEB bags. Anyone tried it yet? I know it just started yesterday, but I'd love feedback from anyone headed there. Thanks!

tsa.gov/traveler-information/3-1-1-carry-ons

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,995 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Carry On Rules-Liquor

Nice! I'd given up on bringing home rum or anything because I always do carry-on only. Now if they only sold 3 Dives jerk sauce at the airport duty free.....

East Hampton...
Level Contributor
199 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Carry On Rules-Liquor

Thanks for sharing .

I also wonder how this new system has worked so far.

Westminster...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Carry On Rules-Liquor

Anyone have any updates on whether MBJ is using the STEB bags?

minnesota
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Carry On Rules-Liquor

I returned from negril on feb. 27th...i had heard also about this new carry on rule before my trip. On my return with Delta and having a short layover in atlanta before we landed they did announce on the plane that IF you had a connecting flight that you HAD to transfer your carry on liquor to your checked luggage....guess i was glad i didnt purchase anthing as my checked bag was FULL. They didnt mention anything about this bag of which you speak of, what exactly is it ?

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Carry On Rules-Liquor

When you buy something at duty free, they're supposed to use a special tamper proof bag, and then you can carry it on to your connecting flight and take it through security. Maybe MBJ doesn't have the bags yet?

OK
Level Contributor
196 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Carry On Rules-Liquor

On our return trip on Feb 8th on AirTran, they announced "despite what you may have heard, if you have a connecting flight in ATL, you CANNOT carry on liquids that are more than 3.4 oz"

As of that day, MBJ wasn't using the special bags.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Carry On Rules-Liquor

Thanks Whitesands. I hope they start. Has anyone seen the bags anywhere yet?

8. Re: New Carry On Rules-Liquor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 06:16