We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

I was just reading on the Sandals Select site that members who reach the Gold level (that's us!) are entitled to a free half-hour couple's massage. Wondering if that's a one-time thing or do we get that on every trip from this point on? Does anyone know about this? Thanks!

Portland, Maine...
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

I believe that benefit is for Platinum level SSG (40 nights or 5th stay) unless something has changed. We are at SMB and getting ours this afternoon for the first time.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

if by reaching gold, you are referrring to the gold pendants that you are awarded on 56 nights, then yes, this also means you have reached platinum level and will receive a 30 min couple massage on every trip.

But if you mean you have reached gold status which is 24 nights (or 3rd stay), you don't yet qualify for the 30 min couple massage. You will need to make Platinum status which is 40 nights (or 5th stay).

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

Thanks, Travelpair. Yes, we are going on our 6th stay at the end of the month. This will be our first year that we qualify for that 30-min couple's massage. I was thinking we just get it once but my husband was thinking it would be every trip. I guess he was right!

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

Sorry..the title of my post should read "Platinum level", not "Gold level" !

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

juicy...we've qualified for a long time for what was previously the complimentary couples hydro-therapy, and now the couples massage, but I can't get my hubby to step foot inside the spa! Luckily on past trips I was able to have my g/f and my sil be my partner for the couples massage...hopefully your hubby is unlike mine and will participate in the couples massage with you!

have fun!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

Hey TP - You and I both have hilarious stories related to those hydrotherapy treatments! Thank heavens they no longer offer those! :D

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,544 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

lol Winnekini...you and I might have to share the couples massage at Barbados next year!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

Winne and TP,

Don't leave us like that, commmmeeee on share ;)

Alex

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

Basically embarassing moments due to massage oils added to the hydrotherapy tubs, which are very deep, and have no hand-holds.......... just use your imagination! LOL (blushing........)

and TP - that might be a great idea! L&D aren't booked yet (and I know they are planning to), and as of this moment the whole year is showing as unavailable....... hoping that the booking opens up again - and soon!

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Gold Level -- Couple's Massage

Travelpair & Winnekini what about me? My hubby doesn't do the spa either....