We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

Just wondering if take take those little action cams? Maybe you just use your phone or your camera?

If you do take one what mount do you have or use?

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

We will be Preferd for diving. Our go pro was the first purchase after we returned in jan when hubby had his dolphin experience and no go pro to show for it. Can't wait to try it out in a week.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

I would love to read a review and maybe catch a vid of yours from the trip....

I am thinking about picking one up...

TN
Level Contributor
231 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

We have used our (GoPro)all over the world. We have the head mount. Get crazy looks sometimes :) Works like a charm, easy to use!

Edited: 23 February 2014, 00:02
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

Yeah I am trying to figure out the mount I want. The head one really seems like the only one I could use but at the same time I was thinking how goofy it would be lol...

Could I just wear it around my neck like a necklace or somehow fix it to my chest...

I do like the contour cause its slim and could fit on the side of the head just above the ear if that makes sense...

Edited: 23 February 2014, 00:25
New England
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

There is SO MUCH info about gopro on the internet. Reviews, add ons, videos.... I highly recommend digging around a little. A few google and you tube searches will give you a good idea of products and quality of videos.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

Oh yeah there is tons of stuff I know thanks...still cool to actually Talk to someone about it vs just watching a random vid...

I do want one of these cams its basically going to come down to the mount...or at least a way to record without looking g completely foolish lol

Edited: 23 February 2014, 12:49
Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

I've started to see more of these at resorts, so it's not as odd looking as it used to be. These days I expect it's more a matter of people asking you which model GoPro you have rather than what the hell it is you're doing!

The thing about head mounts is that unless you are really concentrating on what you are doing - filming - you end up with lots of video, but it's all bad. Jerky motion, wide swings as you walk down a resort path, often a five minute video of the path itself rather than what's around it. With one of those stick mounts, you are likely to make much better video because you're more focused on what the camera is seeing.

All you have to do is go to YouTube and search for damn near any resort and check out a few of the "Tour of Such-And_Such Resort" or the "Walk from our room" videos and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

Makes sense thanks…

The stick mount you are talking about I assume thats the flex hose looking thing. I don't see anything else on their site like a stick...

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

NM going to places like best buy and you can find all sorts of mounts….

Waterford, NY
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone take a GoPro, Contour, or the like with you?

This is what I was talking about - just referring to the camera work, though it seems these guys had a hell of a good time at WH (don't know them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUpmCl3DUqw