We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

Macomb Township
1 post
Save Topic
Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

We are having our wedding and honeymoon at the Royal Caribbean Sandals next April. We do have a handful of single guests that have booked their own rooms. We were not informed that our single guests would incur extra room charges other than a full $400 for a deposit. We are getting conflicting answers on what they are subject to pay. Does anyone know if singles are able to only pay their rate and not a twice the amount because the room has a max of two people? We are getting married and have single friends that do not know eachother and cannot ask them to bunk together. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

massachusetts
Level Contributor
513 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

I suggest going directly to there 800 number. If still not happy call the general migration of src and speak directly if possible

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2,152 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

Did you work through a travel agent? If so let that person do the work here.

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

I THINK the rooms are always based on double occupancy. I am not 100% sure. I also have seen different answers and reports on this. I would either have my TA handle it, or call the resort to see how things are handled.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

aussie: < If still not happy call the general migration of src and speak directly if possible >

Who or what is the general migration?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

Good monring Courtneyshea,

I have a travel agent (She is part of Sandals Chairman Club) and I inquired about the rate for my son, he was travelling alone at the time and, the agent told us, full price for the room. So your guests will be asked for the 400.00 only for the deposit but will have to pay full price if they are in the room alone.

:(

Sorry for the bad news.

Alex

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

Perhaps have yours single guests stay at another resort since Sandals is Couples Only? Then they could get a day pass for the wedding and their costs should be much cheaper than paying the double occupancy rate for a couples room at Sandals. I know the RIU is right next door, have you priced that out?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

Lori,.

That's a great idea :)

Alex

Chambersburg...
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

Thats a really good idea. If your guests can't or don't want to share a room to split the cost, then staying elsewhere and getting a day pass would probably be more cost efficient!

9. Re: Destination Wedding @ Royal Caribbean Sandals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19