We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

Didn't you used to be able to earn points from stays at Grand Pineapple for your Sandals Select account? Or use the points? I don't remember exactly, but now there is no mention of GP. Did this change recently?

ssg.sandalslifestyle.com/…

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

www.grandpineapple.com/returning-guests/

It is called the Pineapple Perks Program for GP guests who have never stayed at Sandals or Beaches Resorts. If you are already an SSG member (which I know you are BSBgirl) you just use your existing SSG number when making a GP reservation to receive the benefits and to earn points. We just stayed at GP Negril New Year's week. We are long time Diamond SSG Members and we used some points, earned points, received a special gift, 2 GP t-shirts and a bottle of Appleton at the Returning Guest Dinner.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 22:06
United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

@negrilbeach Thank you! I'm still confused though. Didn't there used to be some kind of cross over? Like nights at GP counted toward your free week or something? I swear there was some tie in...

So, to be a GP return guest, I assume you need to go to GP at least twice to attend the dinner, etc, or do nights at Sandals count?

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

BSBgirl

The Pineapple Perks Program was launched in 2010.

I am not 100% sure how the Pineapple Perks Program works for first time guests of GP who are already SSG members as we have been staying at Grand Pineapple Negril for many years dating back to the Negril Garden days. We have always been automatically recognized by the front desk staff upon check-in as returning guests of Negril Gardens/Grand Pineapple. I am pretty sure because you are already SSG members that upon your first visit to GP that you would be considered a returning guest of Sandals properties, i.e. Grand Pineapple included.

Alexander is very accommodating as well as is Sigourney so I really doubt you would have any problem at all getting an invitation to the returning guest dinner, just ask upon check-in.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

Thank you! I am still checking it out, but I ran the prices for November 2015, and I think GP would be more expensive than SGR, so as I normally do, I will probably head to SGR, lol!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

BSBgirl

My first reaction to your last post was no way would GP be more expensive than SGR so I had to do a quick check. I think you are reading the rack rate and not the 65% off (lol) rate at the bottom of the calculation bar.

Nov 2015 for 7 nights (even Thanksgiving week) total for 2:

GP $1666 highest room category beachfront*

SGR $2261 lowest room category gh luxury

*add $35 pp for rt transfers

If you have never actually stayed in Negril or experienced walking and hanging out on Long Bay Beach & the cliffs, GP is affordable enough to allow for experiencing all Negril has to offer outside the resort, while having the convenience of AI as your home base. Basic clean rooms, limited amenities, white sandy beach with superb seafront-a gradual descent into the crystal clear turquoise sea with a sandy sea floor (this is Negril) kayaks, SUP, hobie cats, access to $25pp snorkeling trips at Beaches Negril, a great beachfront bar & restaurant along with the friendly personalized service Sandals is known for. And of course a much, much smaller boutique resort (as opposed to SRC) with beachside & gardenside cottage style accommodations completed with the casual laid back island vibe which is Negril.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

EDIT to my last post last paragraph:

(as opposed to SGR)

Just to add, what GP lacks in size & variety is made up by location and proximity to a wide variety of fun establisments & a fantastic colorful and interactive long stretch of beach (an excursion in itself) - not to mention the most amazing sunsets.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

@negrilbeach Thanks for looking into that for me, and while the numbers you have are correct, I can get an extra discount booking at the Soon Come Back for Sandals, and use my Sandals Visa points and my Sandals Select points at SGR, and have transfers included, so SGR is actually less. With all the inclusions we'll get at Sandals, plus the fact it will actually be less money, I think that will be our choice for now.

Also, I was reading GP has double beds, and you have to request King beds, and they're not guaranteed. My husband is 6'5, so not having a kind bed is a real issue for him. His feet will hang off the bed for a week, lol!

Don't get me wrong, I completely see your point. I'm also concerned GP will be very quiet for us, and we like to relax a lot on vacation, so I don't really want to have to leave the resort to find activities. It is not off my list forever, and with Sandals prices always on the rise, GP is definitely still on my list for a future trip. :)

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

BSBgirl

At any Sandals, Beaches or Grand Pineapple Soon Come Back desk you can book a stay at any Grand Pineapple, Sandals or Beaches Resort and recieve a discount/perk. We have a Beaches Visa and use our points for an extra discount at Grand Pineapple/Beaches/Sandals in addition to a discount using some of our SSG points at Grand Pineapple/Beaches/Sandals.

On top of that we book most of our GP, Sandals & Beaches packages with Delta Vacations (when we don't use our miles for free tickets) which gives us free transfers, unpublished discounted air and a Diamond Medallion Level promo code taking an additional $100-300 off the total package price plus an additional 2000 bonus miles pp on top of the standard 3000 pp bonus miles for booking a DLV package, that is 5000 bonus miles per person on top of the miles we accrue by flight. There are similar promo codes available for all levels of Medallion members. There is also a $225 promo off the total package price for Delta American Express holders as well as a periodic promo code for Jamaica bookings taking off $100-300 off the total package price. There is a special Sandals department at Delta Vacations dedicated to handling everything Sandals including redemption of SSG points & Sandals or Beaches Visa points.

GP is not for everyone and totally different than SGR. Totally get the need for a king size bed, same situation for us. We have been lucky at GP, we have always received a room with a king size bed as requested (very comfortable) and usually our favorite beachside room as well as we book way in advance.

We personally don't care too much for SGR as we prefer SRP or CSS when staying in Ochi. We have however discussed a possible future stay as we have not stayed there since the renovation (only a day visit while at SRP) we have however stayed there in the past as well as when the property was Ciboney.

That is one of the many great things about Sandals Resorts, they all have their own personalities and each resort has something to offer for everyone.

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

That is interesting. I didn't know I could use my Visa points, or book GP at the Soon Come Back desk. I've never even seen it mentioned at their desks! :)

The bed thing is really an issue, and it would be important to me to have fridge, too. I'm also concerned 7 days would be a little too long for us at GP, and I'm not a big fan of split stays. You definitely gave me more to look into though!

And you should definitely go to SGR again since the reno's! The villas are much nicer now. They took out those old kitchens and made them into nice bar areas. When they re-did the villas, they really re-did everything. They did the pool decks, the stairs to the rooms, the furniture. They really got a total makeover!

10. Re: Grand Pineapple/Sandals points

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 05:27