We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return dinner at SGR

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Return dinner at SGR

Can anyone share their experiences with the Sandals returning guest dinner? How was the food? Was it eventful/fun? Do they do anything special? We are trying to decide if we should attend. Thank you.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return dinner at SGR

Are you receiving any special recognition such as silver or gold sandals? If so, I say go. If not, maybe go for the cocktail hour and if the food doesn't look good, you can bail. While we have never stayed at SGR, we always enjoy the return dinners. It is a good way to meet other guest and chat with a member of the management team.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Return dinner at SGR

travelgurl: We went to the returning guest dinner at SN last year. The best part of it was meeting other guests. The food was meh...small portions, the main was salmon (which I don't eat so I ordered off of the french menu as an option). I wasn't impressed. So we are skipping it this year. In 2015, we will be getting our silver sandals and we will go then. As to SGR, one of our regular contributors, Onlywannatravel, went to the returnee dinner a couple of months ago and they ended up leaving early. Too many people (someone else said 30+ tables)...many returnees brought along 'friends' without letting anyone from Sandals know, so they were running out of food and the event took hours.

Lori: I love your 'bail' idea!! lol

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Return dinner at SGR

I am curious about this as well. Where is the dinner held? I thought that I read somewhere that it was in a banquet room or someplace similar. Thanks!

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Return dinner at SGR

Lori, this is our second Sandals trip, so our first return dinner. I guess we will check it out and like you said "bail" if needed!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return dinner at SGR

jem: ours was outside Bayside at SN. Right by the water. In case of rain, they move it inside. I think most Sandals do the same.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Return dinner at SGR

travelgurl, you really should at least check it out if it is your first. Like I said, it is nice to meet the other returnees and hotel staff. But since SGR is so big it could be a long and drawn out affair!

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Return dinner at SGR

The RGD at SGR was held in a tent set up near the Manor pool. I'm sure it would have been lovely if the staff were prepared for all of the extra guests.

My husband is a diabetic and must eat within 15 minutes of taking his insulin shot. We had to leave because there was not enough food prepared (not Sandals fault) but we asked the servers how much longer. We were unable to get an answer so rather than risk my husbands health, we were forced to leave to find food for him.

We left after 3 1/2 hours the chocolate party was already in full swing. I have no idea howuch longer the dinner went on.

Canterbury...
Level Contributor
842 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Return dinner at SGR

We skipped it on our last trip, (rather choose my meals and restaurants) they left my gold sandals in our room.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
404 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Return dinner at SGR

Thanks Only!

Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Return dinner at SGR