We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba doable?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cuba doable?

Niall

We go to jamaica on July 7th

Just wondered if it was possible to travel to Cuba and spend a day or two there?

If so how long is the journey and what is likely to cost?

Thanks

Jonnyboy

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuba doable?

Check here: http://www.aerogaviota.com if it is do-able depends on how much time you want to spend on travel when you are on holiday really.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuba doable?

Hi mingming19

Tried the website but it's in Cuban Spanish????

Thanks

Jonnyboy

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuba doable?

If you open it in Google Chrome it should translate.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuba doable?

Check Cayman Air.

United States
Level Contributor
11,838 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuba doable?

"how long is the journey"

Flight time between the islands is about 1 hr. depending on exactly where you are going to in Cubs. A flight to Havana can take well over 2 hr. as it will probably stop at some other city before reaching Havana.

"spend a day or two there?"

Most airline service between the islands is less than once a day so a 1 day tour is probably out. A 2 day tour may also be hard to schedule.

Your best bet is to visit a travel agent on the High St. and get exact details on flight schedules and costs.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
360 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuba doable?

jonnyboy, think you might be better looking at a visa if you want to visit CUBA, We needed one when we went , I would not just want to land in Cuba as they may not let you even through immigration, they have some very intimidating gun toting soldiers just waiting for the unprepared traveller, believe me I`ve seen and heard first hand what happens ,.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuba doable?

You may want to post this on the Cuba forum as well. I know that there are some members with experience in this and may be able to give you some additional help. Just my opinion but I think anything less than 2 nights in Havana just wouldn't be worth it and traveling to other locations would require more than that.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 22:39
kingston
Level Contributor
614 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cuba doable?

Cuba is larger than Jamaica with lots of things to see & do. One day not worth it. There is a cruise from Mobay to Cuba but I think it takes a few days

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cuba doable?

Thanks all for your replies

Think Cuba is probably a no no then.

Would really like to visit other islands in the Caribbean when there as might never visit again so is island hopping to anywhere else possible?

Thanks

Jonnyboy

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cuba doable?

If you want to see Havana I would say that you need 2 full days and 1 night (minimum) otherwise it would not be worth the effort.

As Kingston Cat says, Cuba is a big island nation and it cannot be seen properly in a quick side trip.