We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fax machine for guests? weird q i know!

Calgary,
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
fax machine for guests? weird q i know!

Hi all,

There is a possibility that we may be trying to deal with buying and selling a house while at the resort this week and I wondered how possible this will be.

I believe you can get WiFi in your room for $40/week. Has anyone used this for Skype? We may just use the voice side as this doesn't require a great connection.

I was also wondering if there would be a fax machine that we could send and receive documents on (maybe in the business centre?). We've got diamond club if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help!!

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fax machine for guests? weird q i know!

Mimi: In all your excitement you forgot to mention which resort!

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fax machine for guests? weird q i know!

There are digital contract websites, I have used them to do Real estate transactions before. Ask your realtor they should have these tools. Once a digital signature is loaded up all contracts can be read and signed online. Its a breeze! Enjoy your trip! Ps. Skype would work for a two way video call.

United States
Level Contributor
11,480 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fax machine for guests? weird q i know!

"while at the resort"

Which resort? When you say "We've got diamond club" do you mean one/all of the Sunwing resorts in Jamaica?

"I believe you can get WiFi in your room for $40/week."

Be advised that some guests at some hotels have paid for this type of service but found it not available in all rooms. Wifi coverage varies by hotel and by specific room within a given hotel.

"this doesn't require a great connection."

Also be advised that some guests at some hotels have reported that wifi at some hotels are very slow and that making, and maintaining, a connection has been hard.

For all of your phone options see the following

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147309-s605/Jamaica:…

If it is imperative for you to communicate home while you are in Jamaica you may find that the purchase of a Jamaican cell phone, plus calling min., may cost less than the wifi fee you list for the week.

Calgary,
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fax machine for guests? weird q i know!

Oops, we're at the grand Bahia Principe runaway bay. Sorry!!

Thanks for the idea of a digital contract site. I'll look into that!

5. Re: fax machine for guests? weird q i know!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 06:16