We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

MBJ
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

I've noticed that two threads started this (seemingly more relevant now) topic but was closed due to inactivity.

This one:

Why are there no tattoo shops in jamaica?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k75353…

And this one:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147312-i110-k7419…

Both in 2006..

Just wanted to provide some new information to those who are looking for this information.

In fact there are a lot more tattoo shops in Jamaica now - albeit in the tourist areas and Kingston, and they grow everyday.

This includes Montego Bay, Negril and Ocho Rios.

Unfortunately, many are in it just for the money and so you have to be careful that you choose a licensed and reputable one.

Here is a link that list some of the best ones in the country:

my-island-jamaica.com/licensed-tattoo-artist…

All the best!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

When you get a tattoo, you should not go int he sea/ocean, pools, hot tubs, for at least 2-3 weeks. Not sure getting one while in Jamaica makes alot of sense.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

I agree with cebakes.

Exposure the area to the sun is not a great idea either. Plus, what about going back to have things touched up.

You can always look around or great designs in Jamaica and bring them home to have a local artist do the work.

But hey, it's your body!

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

Lol I smell a shill post:)

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,371 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

Doesn't really make sense....

as someone who has traveled to Jamaica for over 20 years I would not reccomend getting a tattoo in Jamaica. Most of my Jamaican friends who have tattoos got them abroad or had a friend do them in a confined setting.

PEACE!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

There is one tatttoo parlor that I know of in Negril, near the HiLo shopping plaza. Agree with all of the above, why on earth would one want to get a tattoo in a foreign country, let alone Jamaica?

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

Hubby and I have gotten some nice ink work done in Playa del Carmen, so can't see why Jamaican artists would not be as good, if not better. It all comes down to how clean and sterile the tattoo shop is and of course the reputation of the artist.

Should be interesting to see if anyone has actually had one done in Jamaica and the feedback?

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

Well...I know one guy that had one done many years ago and he contracted Hepatitis.

Also, as stated, don't plan on going swimming in the sea - you can get a staff infection and that has nothing to do with the shop's cleanliness.

8. Re: Best Tattoo Shops In Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16