We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much ja dollar do i get 2 a gbp pound these days?

uk
Level Contributor
789 posts
1 review
Save Topic
how much ja dollar do i get 2 a gbp pound these days?

does anyone know how much jamaican dollars i get in exchange for one british pound?i suppose it doesnt really matter does it coz i cant get jamaican dollars over here .what are they giving you in usa dollars also for one gbp??does anyone know?

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much ja dollar do i get 2 a gbp pound these days?

Todays rate for Royal Bank of Scotland;

rbs.co.uk/Personal_Finances/…default.asp

and even Marks and Spencers for an example;

fxcorporation.co.uk/marksandspencer/exchange…

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how much ja dollar do i get 2 a gbp pound these days?

1 ja$ =80p at the moment.

why do you think you ant get JA$ here ............iv'e got some to pick up tomorrow................most places don't routinely stock them but can certainly order them for you but the will be small handling charge (around £3) but things do seem to work better when paying over there

uk
Level Contributor
789 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: how much ja dollar do i get 2 a gbp pound these days?

o i didnt realise ou could get ja dollars here.does it work out better value to change my cash here or there??i have changed half into usa dollars as my hotel is charging in usa dollars but my other half of my stay with family i will prob be using ja dollars so not sure what is best for me where is best to change it ..here or there

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how much ja dollar do i get 2 a gbp pound these days?

i always change it here............any of the travel agents should be able to order it for you ....takes a cople of days

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much ja dollar do i get 2 a gbp pound these days?

Goldy....you can check out the exchange yourself.....keep this link that I've given you several times....

http://www.oanda.com/convert/cheatsheet

Yes go to your bank now and ORDER JA dollars ....we in Canada have to order them as well.

It makes no sense for people from the UK to exchange to US and then again to JA.

It is cheaper for you and better for their economy to use JA dollars.

Just before you leave print off the cheat sheet as you will get confused....it is very overwhelming believe me. Enjoy!!!!!!

6. Re: how much ja dollar do i get 2 a gbp pound these days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 14:20