We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

Today we saw a commercial for Couples on TV! I actually made my husband run into the room to see it as I thought I was dreaming lol. Hubby just texted me saying he heard another one just now on the radio. Also saw them give away a free trip to Couples on Ellen Show. Never before have I seen them run radio/TV ads, wonder what's up with this new trend? Can't imagine they are having shortages of bookings even with the new higher rates it seems. Lol sort of makes me sad as 1 of the things I love about them is being non-commercial:(

Fallston, Maryland
Level Contributor
231 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

I am still hoping the ads are just a temporary run for exposure. Not to mention, we love the personalized service given. Luckily, we have never experienced an issue at check-in/check-out. Whatever concerns we expressed at the Concierge desk, we answered without incident.

I will remain optimistic about the new marketing changes for Couples, as a brand. I hope that the old-school employees educate these new marketing individuals on how Couples became well-known and why there repeaters ARE repeaters. I can see this is one reason for the rate hikes. Mr. Issa and Ms. Issa, please do not allow this to happen. Your devoted patrons hope you are listening/ reading.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

Well lol too funny. The same day I complain about the bottled water issue, someone writes a new CN review on the same topic= tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Edited: 25 July 2014, 02:14
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
143 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

To be fair to Couples, and CSA in particular, there are some things we love that I haven't been able find elsewhere at a lower price point--proximity to the beach for beachfront rooms, in room liquor and wine (I know this is not big for others, but it's one of our favorite things), number of restaurants, and tipping all included (I think it adds to the laid back atmosphere and equitable service. Plus I'm on vacation, I don't want to be stressed about having money all the time.), and finally no kids.

24. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 July 2014, 11:04
America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

Amandalee,

There are so many things I love about Couples too. Maybe that's why I'm nervous. It's been more than a year since my last trip and I need to see for myself, I guess. I have always dismissed reports of unfriendly staff before, thinking they are from rude, demanding guests or people who don't understand Jamaican culture until a recent review by a repeat guest I trust very much.

Since CN is not having these issues, and all resorts are generally drawing from the same group of applicants, it made me ask what they are doing wrong at CSA such that many staff feel so little pride in their work or like their performance matters. Why are they bitter or unhappy? It's not the CSA I remember. I hope it's different in November and will be the first to say so if it is. Anyway, with this on my mind, the idea of TV ads and "sales" that are anything but just are rubbing me the wrong way. I'm sure they must be focusing on the issues I'm bringing up too (at least I hope so).

Fallston, Maryland
Level Contributor
231 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

Amandalee27,

I believe it is applicable to say that these are many of the same reasons why we all fell in love with Couples, particularly CSA, which is why we don't want to see these natural attractions fade due to issues associated with commercialization & popular demand. The authentic delivery of service and a full bundled package is what has built the consistent following with repeaters & solid consumer following through majority of word of mouth/ minimal advertisements. I believe none of us in this thread desire to see this disrupted and tarnished. I hope a rep from Couples is reading this thread.

#Couples

#Jamaica

#Negril

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

Star R,

Wow! So well-stated, fellow Marylander. Thank you for expressing my feelings so precisely and succinctly. Well done!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
143 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

RM--

We just went in June. We experienced no rudeness or even hint of rudeness from the staff. Were there areas where service could have been better? Yes, but there was no "attitude."

We didn't see a whole lot of over the top, socially engaging staff. They were all still nice and polite. I was in a knee immobilizer and almost every person from the time we checked in to the groundskeepers asked how I was and wished me well. I walked (hobbled) the 10 steps to my room from the beach once alone while my husband was in the water and when I came back out, a water sports guy was waiting to help my back down.

In my opinion, I think people sometimes expect to make friends with the staff and are diss appointed when this doesn't happen the first time.

Just our experience; I'm not trying to invalidate anyone else's.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,505 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

Amandalee,

I'm really glad to hear that. I'm still very hopeful about our trip #5. In fact, trip #6 is already booked too because I wanted (for once!) to be able to get the good rates and deals of booking far in advance. I just also know that CG just came back not that long ago and had a different experience and she does not have expectations of making friends with staff, I don't think, and has a good sense of what it has been like in the past, and found it did not compare well. She was also there are the time of a giant wedding group so I am hoping that large group taxed the staff's resources and patience and my experience will be quite different ( or the issues will be addressed by November).

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Couples Resorts Radio & TV ads

We definitely do not go to resorts with an expectation of befriending staff members. And we don't go to socialize with other guests either. Our trips, especially to Couples, are a time to reconnect and relax and enjoy each other, as well as our destination.

My review details our recent experience and I will not rehash it here. We definitely encountered attitude from staff members, especially at the Palms. And we had some other negative experiences this trip to Couples that are not in keeping with previous trips (since 1989). I do not feel that these were due to the large group in house, though they were certainly loud and annoying when we encountered them.

YMMV