We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Negril

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Negril

So who has been to Sandals Negril lately? It's been a year since we were last there and 26 days until we return. I know that floats can sometimes be hard to come by. How was the float situation the last time you were there? I would hate to bring any as that would leave less room for swim suits and shoes lol. Can't wait for that first Dirty Banana 😊

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Negril

Too late to edit but let me know if you have any questions about the resort and I will try to answer them while we are there

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,489 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Negril

onlywanna...popped on to wish you a great trip! We will be in Jamaica in 67 days, so a bit longer to wait. But we'll see you in Barbados!

The floatie shortage was alive and well at SN in 2012, but added to the issue was the floatie hoarders who liked to keep them stored under their loungers. It's unfortunate the resort hasn't invested in additional floats. SN is the only Sandals where we've seen people use the floats in the ocean rather than just at the pools.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Negril

Only: shortage of floats. We didn't get one everyday even with butler service...and the butlers only give you one. Rarely did we see anyone with two. If you really want to float, bring your own and have the scuba hut guys inflate them for you. Hubs and I were laughing when one couple brought a connected float (think figure eight)...so if she paddled one way, he had to follow. Plus, they both had cup holders! We talked to them one evening and they were leaving the floats for others to use.

I should add that they bought the float at Walmart.

Edited: 04 September 2014, 14:26
Michigan
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Negril

My countdown is at 101 days for our first adventure to SN. I've been contemplating bringing our own floaters and leaving them behind. I'm already planning to pack a backpack of school supplies so an extra suitcase is in need. (We are flying SW so I get 2.) It wasn't something we thought about on our only other Sandals adventure to SGR in 2011. I'm looking forward to reading about your trip!

Oh, I do have a question... We are booked in the Caribbean Beachfront Grande Luxe Club Level room (not the Paradise building). When I do a search for bookings, this room is sold out for a long time around and after our stay. If you hear of any reno/construction plans for those rooms, can you please pass that on? Thanks!

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Negril

ThanksTravelpair! I can't wait to see you :)

Cassie you know I need room for my over packing problem lol but since we love to float in the sea there, I guess I'm headed to Walmart lolol.

Snowborn you will love it!!! We are very lucky because we each get 2 checked pieces of luggage at 75lbs each but I still manage to fill them up? I have a problem lol.

I know that there is construction going on and I will be starting a live from thread once I arrive to keep everyone updated :)

There was a shortage lady year but we always managed to secure 2 thanks to our lovely butlers. We are happy to share with others but I will admit we spent hours on end floating 😜

Edited: 04 September 2014, 16:00
Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Negril

Last year not lady lol

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Negril

Only, hope you have a great trip! Can't wait to read your on sites. We return next fall for the first time since 2007 and I can't wait to see it again. SN was our first Sandals and our honeymoon.

Edited: 04 September 2014, 16:11
Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Negril

Thanks Lori! I need this trip so badly!!! I had to cancel our May trip because I was still too sick to go which makes this trip especially sweet :)

You must be so excited to return! I can't dive but Bruzebabe loves the diving there.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Negril

Onlywanna... when we were at SN in May there were floaties but most folks did not use them for floating only for padding on their loungers and that ENRAGED me! Greedy Gerts, they were! I managed to snag one now and then; we usually bring our own floaties for ocean use when we stay at Sandals - this is definitely one area that Sandals could learn from Couples where every lounger has a floatie!

Enjoy

Medford, New York
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Negril

Thanks Denise! Ohhhh I would've been peeved at that also! I mean come on people... I'm headed to Walmart this weekend to buy 2 floats just in case. I guess I will have to sacrifice a pair of sandals lol. At least it will leave us room for extra rum cream to bring home 😜