We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to get married in Kingston Jamaica

Nottingham
1 post
Save Topic
Places to get married in Kingston Jamaica

Hi were going to Jamaica in April to get married, does anyone know a nice places - uptown Kingston, where we can get wed and take some nice photos.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,742 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to get married in Kingston Jamaica

that'd depend highly on budget... if you have money to blow, i'd suggest strawberry hill in irish town (not exactly kingston, but would have and was my first choice but timing and budget wouldn't work for me... not sure if it'll work for you... the experience and the pictures would be nothing short of phenomenal i'm sure, as the place itself is just that...

umm... hope gardens would be lovely for pictures, not sure about the logistics of having a ceremony there... as would castleton (again not kingston, but very common place for wedding pictures, they have a lovely botantical gardens), the few people i know who have been married in kingston actually had their ceremony at their local church, pictures at one of these two places and an evening reception at a local hotel (terra nova, courtleigh, spanish court would be a few suggestions for that).. not sure of your party size... these are typically "larger" weddings (50-100 ppl or more)... i've also seen pictures done out at port royal, hellshire, and a few other more "beachy" or ocean front's... i'd have to ask the ppl the details of their ceremonies if you're interested in that

i found this place (again, just outside town) when i was investigating my own wedding.. was going to keep it under my proverbial rock, but since it sort of fits nicely in with what you are asking and is, i suspect, a bit more affordable (i never did price it out as we ended up doing something different) i'll toss it out...

http://www.cityviewjamaica.com/index.html

if you are insiting on kingston proper.. the only real options i've heard of are the church ceremony/hotel receptions... not really much imagination in my friends other than location of pictures... :)

hope that help

Chelle

kingston
Level Contributor
637 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to get married in Kingston Jamaica

An update,

for those persons not wanting a church wedding, the Registrar General Department can do a nice wedding for you. They have a lovely lawn for pictures, I also think they will do all the arrangements for you if that is what you want. Other options for pictures include Devon House, Emancipation Park. Hope Gardens. As a Government dept you should find them under their website.

Mentioned in this post
Devon House
Devon House
928 Reviews
Jamaica
Emancipation Park
Emancipation Park
584 Reviews
Jamaica
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to get married in Kingston Jamaica

Devon House is perfect for wedding pictures, as is Emancipation Park, providing the fountains are working.

Mentioned in this post
Devon House
Devon House
928 Reviews
Jamaica
Emancipation Park
Emancipation Park
584 Reviews
Jamaica
4. Re: Places to get married in Kingston Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2010, 05:19