We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a safe, budget hotel for one night?

cardiff
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend a safe, budget hotel for one night?

We're flying into Kingston around 5pm (Dec 27th) and looking to stay someone nice, clean but not too expensive in New Kingston. Close to a decent restaurant/bar/live music.

Next morning we plan a quick visit to the Bob Marley museum before picking up a rental car and heading to the Blue Mountains.

It's our first time in Jamaica and I just want the first night to go smoothly after a long journey.

Thanks for any suggestions/recommendations on accommodation and what to do on our first night!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a safe, budget hotel for one night?

Define budget? It is possible to go on the cheap in KGN but for a little more you could be a lot more comfortable IMO...

Sandhurst and mukisi (sp) are both budget in safe area but depending on the nightlife you seek, they may be a bit of a distance... The later did have a serious security breach a year or so ago, but I think it was an isolated incident...

There are other budget places that are slightly more removed..

Personally if it was me, I'd spend the extra to be right in the mix and go with Spanish court or courtland... It'll save some energy if you're really interested in seeing what the evening has to offer... Both are close to plenty of bars, restaurants and nightlife...

Enjoy

Chelle

Edited: 15 October 2010, 11:12
cardiff
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a safe, budget hotel for one night?

Thank you, Chelle.

Spanish Court looks nice and I like the fact that it is in the middle of everything, like you said.

What is Courtland? I couldn't find that one in a google search...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a safe, budget hotel for one night?

argh... what's it called then... brain failure lol

one sec

Chelle

Edited: 15 October 2010, 11:55
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a safe, budget hotel for one night?

how's about courtleigh? lol

it's probably an even better location (although spanish court is a bit "nicer") and there's DEF a reason i shouldnt be online at stupid o'clock in the morning....

ah well.. it's now a bit past stupid and i must get my rear in gear........

enjoy!

Chelle

cardiff
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a safe, budget hotel for one night?

Thanks, Chelle, I appreciate the info, esp as I'm on UK time! LOL!

6. Re: Recommend a safe, budget hotel for one night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2011, 06:16