We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private driver

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Private driver

Myself and 2 friends will be in Kingston from 28 December 2013 to 1 January 2014.

We would like to hire a private driver to take us around the island instead of us hiring a car.

Can you recommend any reliable and professional drivers?

Thank you

kingston
Level Contributor
603 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private driver

Height of holiday season, use a JUTA driver. Most other drivers would not be willing because of the holidays

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private driver

Thank you for your feedback.

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private driver

Yes, ask the JUTA guy who picks you up from the airport, they often have a business card with their number on it. I found the last guy who dropped me off very helpful. They drive minivans so there is enough room for the 3 of you. Trip from the airport into Kingston is about 20USD. Be sure to tell them where you want to go on the island the day before.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 15:02
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Private driver

Should we book before arriving to Jamaica or when there?

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Private driver

If you arrive at NMIA you will find the JUTA officials there. They will guide you to a driver. Prices are pretty much set, but ask to be sure.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
291 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private driver

Hi, what is the approximate cost of hiring a driver? Thanks

kingston
Level Contributor
603 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private driver

The cost depends on where you wish to go. I can tell you to travel around the island will prove to be expensive, because accommodation will be included. Why not send me a note & I can recommend how you can break up your travel, using other means of transportation. Email:oldejamaica@yahoo.com

New Haven...
Level Contributor
329 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private driver

I too will be looking for rt transportation from montego to kingston and back...How much would that cost? There would be two of us traveling on or around the 30th of May.

twittynhct@yahoo.com

Kingston, Jamaica
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Private driver

The cost may varies between companies, a transfer to Kingston from Montego Bay is about $220 , you can request a quote from:

info@jamaicantaxitours.com

contact@jamaicanairporttransfer.com

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Private driver

i found a very skillfull driver on the facebook page:

Jamaica realistic tours

He is going from Ocho Rios to Kingston and back, and knows all the city very well, he showed me a lot of unexpected places and also the Bob Marley museum, Devon House, to end up by a fantastic panorama over the city, on the hills, that was great!!