We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clothing and shoe donations?

toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
clothing and shoe donations?

I,ve heard that the locals appreciate clothing and shoe donations? Any ideas? Is there any childrens schools in Montego Bay that are looking for donations of childrens clothing or school supplies?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clothing and shoe donations?

If you are going to Mo Bay and have clothes and shoes to give you might want to look up Joe Pusey,a taxi driver who plays dominoes on the corner next to Tony's Pizza near the old Fantasy Resort at the entrance to Cornwall Beach on Glowchester Street.He is a good church going man who will take you to his church and see that the items go to a good home.He also has a nice motor coach to take you on tours.He may not remember me but my mother-in-law gave him a crocheted angel for his mirror back in the late 80's.Tell him Barry says hello.My mother-in-law would say hello too but she is long gone. Kudos to you for your generosity.

Mentioned in this post
Cornwall Beach
Cornwall Beach
163 Reviews
Jamaica
Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clothing and shoe donations?

Hi Onda,

Yes, yes, yes. Your donations will be so appreciated. There are several schools in that area in addition to an orphanage, I think the name of it is Apple Blossom. There was a very touching post awhile back about the orphanage and their many needs. Search for the thread titled My homework for the weekend. This thread has the schools and contact info listed. Also, you can search for the above orphanage. I will see if I can dig up some of the old threads for you. Your donations will not go to waste.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,249 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clothing and shoe donations?

Hi again Onda. I bumped up the homework for the weekend thread for you. The name of the orphanage is Blossom Garden. You can type that in to the search bar and pull up several threads to read about it. Seems like one of them has a phone number to contact if you would want to.

toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: clothing and shoe donations?

thank you for bumping that thread!!

yard
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: clothing and shoe donations?

Blossom Gardens : 18-21 Appleton Hall Drive, Montego Bay. St. James (876) 952-6068 . Speak with Mrs Brown, who is the manager of the facility.

6. Re: clothing and shoe donations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 11:17