We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals, Whitehouse

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals, Whitehouse

I gather from some of the Sandals Whitehouse reviews that there isn't much/anything off property to see/visit. True? Any excursions available?

Also, can anyone comment/compare Sandals whitehouse with Couples Negril? One better than the other?

Franklin...
Level Contributor
340 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sandals, Whitehouse

still haven't booked my tour yet

HELP!!

:)

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sandals, Whitehouse

Bostonlou

Quote " Posted on: 10:50 pm, March 14, 2007 Save

i saw the bird lady... i had quite a good laugh

she couldn't enjoy her croissant because 3 birds were 40 yards away

i'll get pics of them and post them... looking forward to meeting these killers :)"

How shallow to laugh at someone's fear. Although I was not the "bird lady" quoted, I too found the bird situation at Whitehouse very alarming. There are many people who suffer a phobia of birds, and for those who do, Whitehouse is an exceedingly bad choice as there are flocks and flocks of birds who bombard the tables and gather at one's feet.

I love birds, in fact, living in the rural countryside I am lucky to watch anything from simple housmartins, to owls, red kites and even ospreys.

I have bird tables, and will ensure in winter that we leave plenty scraps for all of the bird life HOWEVER... put me within a few feet of one and I would scream the place down. My heart will race, and I will take a panic attack...THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!!!! I find it appalling that people laugh at someone who is frightened. MANY people have this phobia..perhaps you are one of those perfect people in life who are afraid of nothing?

Apart from anything else however, it is NOT good pratice to encourage birds into dining places and whitehouse is beyond anything I have seen in the caribbean. All due of course to the many people who persistantly feed them at the tables. These birds would survive as nature intended quite happily without fries and titbits which people constantly feed them. In Arizonas, its such a shame as birds wander freely there amongst the tables. All because people constantly encourage them.

As for the beach snack area..thats a no go at all for anyone with a bird phobia.

Before you laugh at the poor lady who obviously has such a fear, think on... its not at all funny for anyone who has a bird phobia.

Oh..and anyone who does...Sandals Whitehouse is not the resort for you.

Franklin...
Level Contributor
340 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Sandals, Whitehouse

phobia schmobia

after i have a couple of drinks at the whitehouse this week I will have a talk with the birds and straighten it all out

14. Re: Sandals, Whitehouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 11:20