We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should i be worried about the weather?

Connecticut
14 posts
Save Topic
should i be worried about the weather?

weather.com says this week is going to be partly cloudy w/ possible rain showers most days. my husband and i are going to be RDMB from the 7th - 13th. is the weather in March typically as dreary as it sounds?

1. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2007, 17:28
phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

Are you going to cancel your trip if the weathers bad? NO your not! I have gone down in the rain and had it rain for 2 days but we still had a fantastic time.

We were in my g'friend canyon, it rained so hard we stuck the van so deep in the mud we all had to abandon ship and head up to her house on the side of the hill for 2 hours. Than the kids started yelling and running down toward the van. A full size bulldozer was coming into the canyon to pull out the van. Solomon, our driver, had gone to get the thing.

Everyone was jumping around in the rain. We had a wonderful time getting out of the mud.

When we reached the resort, in Negril ,the rain stopped and it was sunny for the remainder of the trip.

Even the bad experiences are fun in Jamaica, go and have a blast it's Jamaica.

Geo

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

I'll be staying there the same time as you. Don't let the weather report bother you .. i'm sure were all going to have a great time!!

Cheers,

Jonii

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

This question is often asked on this forum.

You may get short rain showers in the afternoon.

Remember, it's only liquid sunshine that keeps the island beautiful!

You will have plenty of daily sunshine.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

Right now the island is suffering from an increasingly serious drought according to today's on-line Observer. If it rains it will be welcomed by all who live there.

MKA
Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

Worry about the things you can control, not those out of your control.

Southern New Jersey
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

Had the same concerns .... was in Jamaica Feb 21st to the 26th...GREAT WEATHER dispite what weather.com said ... 86 and SUNNY every day a 1/2 hour of rain one day when we were there

Enjoy

Connecticut
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

Thanks everyone for all of your input. I know were going to have a great time. After all we will be in Jamaicamon.

Glacier National...
Level Contributor
182 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

Was there Feb 24th to march 3 and not one drop of rain... I guess I was really lucky!

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: should i be worried about the weather?

Last May - never rained.

Last March - never rained.

Last November - rained every night, but never rained during the day. Cloudy a time or two, but I never left the beach.