We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

Hi,

We arriving next week on Friday 9/22/17 in the mid afternoon. Our hotel is about 2 miles from the airport. Is it recommended to make taxi/transportation arrangements in advance? Any benefit to doing so?

After a few days in Montego bay we will head out to Negril beach area. Same question.

Thank you for your feedback.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
15 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
13,111 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

"Is it recommended to make taxi/transportation arrangements in advance? Any benefit to doing so?"

For this trip, airport to hotel, I would take the first taxi in line at the airport taxi stand. I see no benefit in arranging for such a short transfer in advance.

"After a few days in Montego bay we will head out to Negril beach area."

Your question is unclear. Are you going to Negril just for the day or are you transferring between hotels?

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

Sorry it was not clear, our trip to Negril will be for 4 days. Yes, this will be a hotel/hotel transfer for two people.

Edited: 16 September 2017, 15:26
Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
United States
Level Contributor
13,111 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

For a hotel to hotel transfer you should arrange this in advance. You can do it 1) from home before you leave for the island by way of phone or e-mail, or 2) at the airport in Montego Bay where you will find in the transportation hall (just as you exit customs) desks of about 20 transportation companies that will all take you to Negril, or 3) your hotel in Montego Bay can arrange the transfer for you. You can probably get a lower rate on the transfer to Negril if you use the same company for the transfer back to the airport on your departure day.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

Contact Owen at Cross Jamaica Tours. Affordable, safe and reliable. Highly recommended

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Jamaica
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

Hi here is my recommendation, speak with Regina from tagjamaica.com they do private and small group customized tours, she responds to you asap no longer wait, and she is always reachable here is a link to her through her website https://tagjamaica.com/contact-us she will give you a competitive rate for taxi from the airport and to negril

Middletown, Ohio
Level Contributor
649 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

We've used Reggae Tours several times, and find their prices to be very reasonable. The service is excellent.

Mentioned in this post
Reggae Tours
Reggae Tours
873 Reviews
Jamaica
Colorado Springs...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

Hello, we have trip plans for Sept 21-25th. I'm concerned about the Hurricanes and rain on the island. I don't want to spend my vacation where there is a lot of rain. Should we rebook?

United States
Level Contributor
13,111 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

"we have trip plans for Sept 21-25th. I'm concerned about the Hurricanes and rain on the island."

The time period you list is part of rainy season and hurricane season. Like snow in Colorado in January, it is expected to be like this every year in Jamaica. While the chance of rain is above 50% every day you list, the chance of hurricane is still small but greater than zero.

To avoid the rain consider a trip to the island during dry season. Dry season runs from mid November to mid May. For the smallest chance of rain, based on historical averages, plan to vacation in Jamaica from about Dec. 20 to Jan. 5. The day with the lowest chance of rain, at 11%, is Dec. 27 of each year.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Colorado Springs...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Montego Bay air port transfer to hotel and to Negril

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts