We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

New York
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

Hi I'm 24 and my boyfriend is 25, and we are really worried if we will be too young a couple at Whitehouse. This is a really big issue with us, b/c we want to go someplace where we can find other couples of our own age. Also we want to be able to have a good nightlife if we feel like partying a bit. Does Whitehouse have this option?

I hope someone responds to this b/c I am delaying my booking at Whitehouse due to it and I dont want my package price to increase. I posted before but I have had no responses. Thanks

Warminster, PA
Level Contributor
262 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

Hi, we stayed there a little over a year ago in the fall. When we were almost 50. There were guests older and younger, most were probably younger or our age. Night life at Sandals is normally pretty quiet at most of their resorts with exception to Sandals Montego Bay. But Whitehouse is a much nicer resort. We've stayed at several of them. If you want a younger crowd, I remember Sandals Negril being more in your age group. My daughter and her husband stayed at Couples Negril and loved it there. They were just a bit older than you 2 (25 and 28) and they spent part of the honeymoon at Couples Negril. Of all the Sandals that we've stayed in, I think Whitehouse was the nicest resort. Definitely the largest.

phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

There is NO night life at Sandals Whitehouse, Go to Negril , Couples Negril is the best place in western Jamaica for the night life.

Also, the rosort Couples, is geared to your age group,most of Negril is for your age group.

The Whitehouse is in the middle of Nowhere.

Geo

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

LOL George!

jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/…letters4.html

New York
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. I guess Whitehouse is not the resort for us, which saddens me because it really does look beautiful and I would love to see it. Now I'm back at square one. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good resort in the Caribbean?

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

Sam,

Before you completely disregard Whitehouse, perhaps you could be a bit more descriptive as to the nightlife you are looking for. As for there being no "night life" at WH, that is not an accurate statement. There is a night life, albeit a low key one. Many who venture to SWH, both young and old, will turn in relatively early, as the "drink" and the sun takes its toll upon the body day in and day out. I've been there twice and have met couples of your age who were having the time of their lives. It is an incredibly beautiful resort.

If you are looking to dance the night away and do some bar hhopping, than no, SWH is not the resort for you at this time. Negril can definitely provide that for you. Good luck.

New York
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

Hi TooRelaxed,

Thanks for replying! We arent really looking to bar hop or dance the night away. I think we are looking to be able to find a lounge type atmosphere with couples out own age, and above. I don't know if Whithouse hosts parties on the beach like some other resorts do, but that would be something we would like. We are not looking for spring break type parties, but atleast some music, and good fun. We don't want to turn in at 10 on our vacation, since we rarely ever get this chance.

You mentioned that you have met couples our age at Whitehouse, and they were happy with the nightlife and overall choice?

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

Hi Sam,

Yes Sam, we have met couples your age and from my conversations with them and from observations, they do have a great time. I don't think it is the age as much as it is what you are looking to do. Arizona's bar stays open until the last person leaves. Many hang out here for drinks and conversation with other couples until the early hours. The disco on some nights has more couples dancing than on other nights. It also depends a lot on the crowd at the resort for the week. Just from what I've seen, young and old mix, converse, drink, hang out without age being the determining factor. By no means will you have to be in bed at 10. There is also a martini bat/piano bar that is open late. From my recollection, as a matter of fact, it was the "younger" crowd that was having the biggest blast around the piano bar.

New York
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

Have you ever been to couples swept away or couples negril? Between Whitehouse and the couples resorts, which are better?

Centereach, New York
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

Have you ever been to couples swept away or couples negril? Between Whitehouse and the couples resorts, which are better?

Have never stayed at either Couples, but did visit and do a walk through of Couples Negril. Both are also excellent resorts and Negril is definitely a fun place to vacation. Lots to see and do. Both get great reviews, although CSA is going through a few growing pains recently due its increased size of the resort. In saying that however, I would not let that sway me from not going there. There is probably a more tropical feel to both of those over SWH, whereas SWH is newer & has less of the Caribbean "feel" to it with the promenade and architecture. In saying that though, when you are on the beach and you are surrounded by the beautiful mountains, or sitting by the pool with the palm trees swaying listening to some reggae music, it's very tropical. You wouldn't go wrong at any of those mentioned in my opinion.

phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Age Range at Sandals Whitehouse-Need to know soon!!

I'd like to clarify some of what I said. I was in the region when this Whitehouse was being built. Its a BIG resort with alot of deals to get tourists there. Not many people who go there are adventurous or want to go off resort to see more of the area on the own, therefore the resort Is what you will remember of Jamaica. If a resort somewhere is what you want you could be on any island in the caribbean.

Inside these mega resorts time does stand still and people do feel comfortable and safe. if thats what you want than stay there. BUT i just don't see that type of place for people your age.

Negril has a series of mega resorts at the top of the 7 mile beach. Negril is extremely interesting and filled with diversity during the day.

At night there is alot to do including clubs on the beach every night with live cover bands. You can just walk down the beach to the music its wonderful.

if you want lock down go to Whitehouse ON a deal and say," i think we were in Jamaica but we loved the resort "....you might say that .

In Negril there is so much to see around you, the AREA and PEOPLE is what you will remember and NOT the tourists you meet in the restaurants and bars ON the resort. Your choice.

Geo