We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doctor's Cave Beach

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Doctor's Cave Beach

hi!

We will be coming in on a cruise ship and have been told that Doctor's Cave Beach has some really cool snorkeling. Is it within walking distance from where we will be docking? Or will we need to procure some other form of transportation?

Thanks!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doctor's Cave Beach

no worries. It is not within walking distance but there are many cabs waiting for your ship to come in right on the Pier. Please negotiate your price before you get in and take cabs with red lisence plates as they have insurance.

Doctor's Cave beach has a $5.00 pp price to get in, $5.00 for a chair, $5.00 for an umbrella. The Grouvy Grouper is right there for food and drinks. Enjoy!

Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doctor's Cave Beach

Thank you so much! Will follow your instructions!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doctor's Cave Beach

you are very welcome. You may want to go to the Pork Pit for awesome jamaican food (locals eat there) it is on the hip strip where Doctor's Cave beach is...just up the road on the other side. Or ask your driver to stop ...he will know where it is. You can walk easily from Doctor's Cave.

Margariettaville is also right beside Doctors Cave if that's your thing. Expensive but has a water slide etc. Enjoy!

Lethbridge
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Doctor's Cave Beach

I snorkeled there very quickly for a 20 minutes a couple weeks ago, and it was nice there were some very nice fish and coral I didn't go very far out But I believe it is as nice as a lot of places along if not better along the Montego Bay shoreline. I spent hrs snorkeling at SSB and it was very good also

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doctor's Cave Beach

You could also hit Pier1 for lunch and a drink if you wanted. Its not on the hip strip but a quick cab ride away. Beautiful view of the ocean and some local fisherman hang there in the day to mingle with. Doctor's Cave Beach is very nice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Doctor's Cave Beach

If you visit Margariettaville and decide to go down the water slide, make sure to keep your legs crossed. I forgot to do this when I went and when I hit the water at the end. Yowwwwwww!

LOL!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doctor's Cave Beach

True Jamerican I think Pier 1 is a great experience. Pork Pit is like fast food of Jamaican food in a GOOD WAY that is. It's an eat and run kind of spot...not alot of ambiance. Pier 1 is really cool with open air seating and lots to look at.

Amber...Pier 1 would be a spot on the way back to the ship perhaps as it's on the way to/from the ship and def a cab ride from Doctors Cave. Pork Pit is walkable from DC. Enjoy