We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

We're considering Sandals Mo Bay for a vacation next spring. We've been reading the reviews, and they seem to be very mixed. I'm getting a sense that some of the resort may be renovated while other areas have not been kept up. Can anyone who has been there recently shed some light on this and let us know the category of room you stayed in and what you would recommend? Thanks!

Detroit
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

I will be going to Sandals Mo Bay 9/1-9/8 and i will let you know what i think. Thanks!

Vista, CA
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

All the room and Villas, even the DeLuxe Rooms, have all been rennovated. The Palms will be under going some soft furnishings soon. Like redoing the color schemes and etc.

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

Phyl,

We were there in Dec...it was OK but nothing special. Would I return? No, but I would try Sandals Negril after a day trip there. Big difference.

If you want add'l info, please feel free to PM me .

shag

Vista, CA
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

SMB is an older hotel but we do find the staff more out going there than at SN. We just like the idea of being at SMB in 10 min. and the vaca begins.

USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

Thanks for the feedback! If anyone else has information they would like to share, we would love to hear from you.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,897 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

We were there in January (2nd visit) and found it just wonderful again! We had just come from SN, which is definitely a different experience and we loved it, but we fell right back in love with SMB very quickly. We stay in the Palms bldg (both times) and this time we had a 1st floor room - direct access to the beach from our patio, which was awesome. We stayed in the Honeymoon Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room. Food at Cucina and Tokyo Joe's was amazing as usual. I would not worry about the reviews - SMB has the highest return guest rate of all Sandals, which obviously says something good!

USA
Level Contributor
36 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

We're starting to have a little more of a comfort zone. We really appreciate all of your information. Thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

I just got back from SMB. We got out of there the day before Dean hit. It was nice, they were doing a little repainting here and there but it was mostly just superficial touch up stuff, not heavy equipment or anything.

It was my first time to Jamaica and my first all-inclusive. I think I'm a little too independent to take full advantage of the services but what I did experience was nice. I don't think anyone there knows how to say 'no' to anything.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

Planning a trip there Sept 15. Anyone else?

Vista, CA
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Mo Bay -- recent visits?

Arrive at SMB on 9/22-29