We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

Winter Haven, Fl
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

I've read so much things are starting to blend. Does anyone know what Butler rooms are the big ones at Sandals Royal Caribbean?

I think the only Butler rooms are in the Balmoral and the St James River Suites, is this correct?

I have to have alot of space because of the bridal party using my room to get dressed in. Can anyone please help me with the room numbers that are larger then the others?

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

I dont know about the Balmorals as havent stayed in any of those but all the 16's ie 116, 216 an 316 are big rooms in the kensington block. These are also sold as concierge rooms but some prefer these to the beachfront royals so also get used as butler suites.

I recall you saying you were hoping for an upgrade to the river suites. If you get a free upgrade, I doubt if they will give you one of the larger suites. There are only 3. All the main areas are the same size, it is only the dressing and bathroom areas which are bigger. The three suites have a seperate jacuzzi tub and walk in shower whereas the normal suites have a corner jacuzzi and tub combined. I have to say we loved the seperate big square jacuzzi tub. I cant remember the suite numbers, but one of them is definately number 43 as this is the suite we always stay in.

Is space really is a big issue for you, then suggest you ask them for a price to upgrade to a St James suite and then insist on one of the three suites which is the same size as 43.

All this aside, I would do something completely different as its YOUR day! When you get there, ask your Butler to find out for you if there would be a nearby room or suite available to you which could be used as a dressing room just for the day. MUCH better idea! The staff at SRC are really really nice and I am sure they will go way out to help you. There could be a nominal fee, but surely a small cost to give everyone else some dressing space, and you your own pamper space? I bet they would do it for you no problem! Ask your Butler when you arrive.

Stop worrying, everything at SRC is just great and any issues or problems (which you are unlikley to experience anyway) will be resolved no problem! Its a lovely resort, and truly very special. It might be a smaller resort than say whitehouse or ocho rios, but the team there are just excellent and the grounds beautiful!

The Butler team at SRC are really very very special. The two head butlers are Ellis and Hughill. Ellis works with Adya, and Hughill with the changing butler. Both Ellis and Hughill were original Bahamas sandals trained Butlers and all three are simply wonderful. Adya is a darling. They all pull together as a team and I can assure you, they will make sure your day is simply perfect!

Have a great time! I am due to return soon, any particular pics or photos you would like me to take?

Winter Haven, Fl
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

WOW! Your such a wonderful help! So only that bathrooms are bigger, thats not a big deal then. I can accept a normal size room, it also has a living room area and I think from the floor layout at the Royal Suites looked like it had a "dressing area" outside the bathroom. Though I'm sure its not that huge.

Of course the seperate tub/shower would be wonderful, but could live without!

I love the idea of having a seperate room for a few hours. I sure you are correct and that it wouldn't be a big deal! Though 3 girls and myself probably wont be bad! My hair and make up girl is also a bridesmaid, so there wont be that extra person running around.

I'm getting so excited at how close this is getting! I read some bad reviews about the resort and I have to say people are soooo petty!! I'm a go with the flow person normally and whatever happens... happens. I wanted a nice room, and when I booked at the time the River Suites were not open yet. So I booked the highest catagory. I can over look small things to make my vacation special!

Your correct I was and still am hoping for a River Suite and was even told to tell my travel agent to call there the week before to talk to the manager... problem is, I don't have a travel agent and was thinking about calling myself. But don't want to sound "greedy" by making the phone call. Or by making it hurt any chances I might have of an upgrade. What do you think? I speak kindly to everyone so even if he was to deny it I'd still be happy cause I'll be in paradise!

I appreciate the offer to take photos for me! Thats wonderful you'd offer. I guess the only thing I would like to see is a better photo of the Balmoral building. I've seen a few photos of the Royal Suites not to many, I finally saw a photo of the bathroom, but not that "dressing area" Oh well.... I'll dig through your photos whereever you post them! I love looking at them on here!

Ok I typed way to much but do want you to know how thankful I am for your response. It actually made me feel better.

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

I would think as you booked a BFR, even without a letter, as you are being married there, you stand a very good chance of being upgraded anyway.

What to do though is shortly before you due to go, email the general manager Jeremy Mutton" who is the loveliest man on the planet, and just politely ask "is there any chance of a river suite" To be honest, the whole time we were there, I dont think anyone bar us had actually paid for one! Sorry, no there was ONE couple. They are not that busy so often lay empty. I know when we arrived there was a couple next door who were not very nice, had been kicking up stink and had in the end been put in a river suite (minus the butler) and they didnt even deserve one! Thankfully they were only there 2 days out of our vacation. They were horrible to staff and were so drunk half the time I dont think they knew what they were doing!

It sounds like you have more than one room booked? If so, all the more reason to have you upgraded...

Where you getting married, on the beach or on gazebo?

When?

Winter Haven, Fl
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

Sunscot

Getting married March 1 at 430pm. Will be there Feb 28-March 7. And I think we are using the Gazebo but I have an open mind and will use either or just decide when we get there. I know we are adding on for everyone to do the little 30 minute horderves and cake and champagne and then go over to the Thai (hopefully) and eat. I mean there are only going to be a dozen or so people. But I am going to make reservations of course the moment we land in Jamaica!

We have 2 rooms booked at Royal Caribbean and the rest are over at Montego Bay and I think another couple may join us might be staying at The Inn. I'll definately mention that we have them all booked though.

I know the rooms are rather expensive and not just everyone can afford them unless you have saved or have that type of income. It would be an additional $2400USD for us to upgrade to that. And thats alot when you are getting married also!!!

Theres really nothing worse then rude, drunk people. It makes others think all Americans are that way! (Some are but we arn't) Theres nothing wrong with having a few drinks, we are on vacation after all. But when it effects, you and those around you and why be rude to staff? That I hate seeing.

When we go on cruises, we book a balcony suite also and usually tip our steward extremely well and I know Ill be the same with the Butler but it would make me so made people yelling, I only have 3 towels or 1 roll of TP left or the closet light isn't working or whatever. Why tell? Be polite, ask for what it is you need and go on! GRRRRRRRR people make me so mad when they are rude.

Rambled agian! When will you be back to RC?

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

Send me a private message and will send you more info.

You going to have a ball, wish we were there! Usually we would be but at your time next year we are cruising! :-) (with a butler suite LOL)

Sounds like we like the same stuff :-)

We love our drinks on vacation, but this couple were spaced out, really zonked. And yep, we also love our American friends of whom we now have many. Have been to many weddings now, and I am "the woman who cries!"

The gazebo or the "heart of flowers" both are lovely. I think SRC manage to do each wedding very intimately, and special. Thats great you have friends with you. You will have a fabulous time, so no worries OK!!! RELAX, it will all be just wonderful!

Good time of year, weather at its best, no hurrican risk, no showers likley, perfect just perfect!

SMB and SRC are only minutes apart, the transfer runs all the time so its ideal for you to utlilise both. We didnt go to the Inn.

If you look at the reviews, look at tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d150…

We were there at this wedding, the group had a fantastic time and we were privalaged to share their day!

Winter Haven, Fl
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

OHHHHHHH I LOVE CRUISING!!!!!!!!! This is the first vacation we are taking and not cruising!!! So thats probably why we are so nervous. We were going to get married on the cruise but decided to vacation completely!

Ok I private messaged you... If I did it correctly. Or you can email me at ImHisBlonde @ aol .com

7. Re: Some RC Butler Rooms Bigger?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 08:20