We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help helping a friend

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
382 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Need help helping a friend

I am in the very early stages of helping my friend and her fiance plan a honeymoon for early 2009. I showed her info on Sandals Inn and she was so excited. I like to check out last-minute deals, but I've never vacationed in Jamaica. How early could you book a 2009 (Jan - March) trip? Is it better to book something right away when it is available or are the last minute specials better? I've been checking early 2008 prices to give them an idea what they be spending.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help helping a friend

You can usually book your trip 330 days in advance. I like to book early with Apple vacations and if you buy the travel insurance (which I reccomend ) and the price goes lower than what you reserved it for, the drop your price. This has worked out very well with me in the past. Just get on line and keep checking the prices and when/if it lowers, call your travel agent.

Winter Haven, Fl
Level Contributor
245 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help helping a friend

Hey there,

Im getting married at Royal Caribbean March 1. I booked my vacation the moment they allowed me to. I think it was 10-11 months out. Booked directly through 1-800-SANDALS and had ZERO problems. I checked the prices about once a month and if they dropped I called and they lowered the price, no questions ask. As long as you are not 100% paid for then they can still credit you.

You book when your ready and just keep an eye on prices. GOOD LUCK!

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
382 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help helping a friend

How awesome to be getting married there! My friends are getting married locally in July and are taking a short honeymoon right away. They want to wait until winter (when our weather is bitter cold!) to take a nice honeymoon to a warm destination. From what I saw, mid- to late-December would be a good time to go for crowds and prices. That might not work into their schedules, though. What's the concensus on a 'good time to go?'

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help helping a friend

Be aware that Sandals Inn is not directly on the ocean but across the street from a public beach. You can use the other Sandals so that may not be a problem. Also there was a rumor that the Inn was for sale. Don't know if it's true.

5. Re: Need help helping a friend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 22:17