We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

detroit
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

I am a Libra and having trouble deciding! My husband is about to shoot me so I need some help.

I was looking at the room decriptions for Mo Bay and was wondering if anyone could advise. Is the Almond Block better or Palm Block. And what is the difference between waters edge and beachfront? Also what is the concierge thing all about?

Or...is the SRC a better place to stay?

If anyone has pictures of rooms that would be helpfull!!

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

Greetings to you,

I've been to both and for several reasons I'd suggest SRC over SMB anyday. The low-flying planes at SMB are one significant reason.

"concierge" is what many resorts have for their guests... Basically an extra personel to assist with guest relations. At sandals they're only for guests in certain more expensive catagories of rooms.

There are hundreds and hundreds of photos here on Trip Advisor from past guests... just click on the resort names on the left of the page and look for the links. You can also see thousands of good photos and films about both properties by going to

www.youtube.com

www.webshots.com

and then just type in the name of the resort in the search bar...

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

usa
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

hilly,

Tell us more about yourself and what kind of atmosphere you are looking for while on vacation?

Do you like a better beach or do you just want to sit by the pool?

How long will you really be *in* your room besides sleeping and getting cleaned up for dinner?

Do you want to sit quiet all dressed up with shoes on while sipping hot tea? Or do you want your toes in the sand and water having some fun?

And lastly how is your budget?

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
577 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

Hi, We've been to both resorts and Mo Bay is hands down our fave. But...ask 20 people and your going to get at least 16 different opinions. I'm 53 and I felt like RC was a old folks home with a beach. I wouldn't care to go back again except we do enjoy the private island and the Royal Thai restuarant on the island. Everyone beats that whole "airplne noise" dead horse to death...truth is you don't really notice any noise but O well. To each their own I guess.

The previous was my 2 cents worth.

near Chicago
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

I wouldn't worry no matter which one you decide upon. Both are great. However, if you need a beach SMB is the one for you. But, the beauty of either resort is that you can use the other resort as much or as little as you like. A free shuttle is provided between the two and the trip is about once every hour through out the day and evening.

Consierge level has a few extra perks. Usually, consierge is the better rooms. If you book a lower level room without consierge, you have "guest services" to attend to your needs.

When first traveling to Sandals resorts, I always booked consierge level. After a few times, I decided for me it was not worth the extra money. I have never had any problem with the "guest services" people handling anything that I needed and I can use that extra money for other things. To consierge or not to consierge at Sandals is just a metter of what you want and need for your vacation.

detroit
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

We are in our late 30's and also going with another couple. Casual is our style. And I think we are all geared more toward the beach than the pool.

Our budget is rigt around $4500 for a week and that is why I was asking about the rooms. Northwest offers the Grand Luxe Beachfront in the Palm Block for under $4700. Just want to make sure it is truely on the beach.

my e-mail is hillystyles@yahoo.com if anyone would like to share some pictures! Thanks so much for all the great advice!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

Just to confues you more, you could check out the new Oceanfront block at Breezes Runaway Bay.

Better beach and a lively atmosphere. And depending on when you are going could easily get it for your budget.

7. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2008, 18:30
8. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2008, 18:30
Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

I hate that TA does not have an "Edit" function!!!!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Mo Bay or RC?

Here's another shot, but not the one I wanted to show you. This is a pretty high category if I'm not mistaken:

…webshots.net/t/59/459/3/85/35/2722385350082…