We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Make Rum Cream at home

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Make Rum Cream at home

For those of you who can't wait to get back to Jamaica for their fabulous Rum Cream, try this at home. It is amazing. In a blender, mix

1 cup rum (dark or light)

1 egg

1 can Eagle Condensed milk

Fill the empty can with half & half cream & add

2 or 3 tbsp Hershy chocolate syrup

Blend & serve over ice.

We like to add a couple of tsps of Coconut extract.

If for some strange reason you have some left over, make sure & keep it in the fridge.

We have also made Bailys using the same recipe but use Rye whiskey instead of rum and instead of Coconut, use Peppermint extract . We call it

"After Eight"....Awesome & a lot cheaper then buying it. If you try these, Let me know what you think.

Ya Mon

Scotland
Level Contributor
252 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

Hi laser....cant wait to try this! Hoping you can help with one thing though....we have 'evaporated' milk or 'condensed milk' not sure if they are the same as in the US or Canada. The 'condensed' is very thick, very sweet and kinda gooey...we use it for making caramel or scottish 'tablet'. I wonder if i should use evaporated instead? heck, i might just try both ways!

Thanks, will let you know how it tastes!

Linda

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

Hi Linda

Yes it is Condensed....the thick gooey stuff.

Can't wait for you to try it

jamaica
Level Contributor
950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

laserloublue!...wow!...thanks for the recipe...I'm here in Jamaica, but rum cream can be kinda pricey, if you can't get it at the airport, so I'm looking forward to trying your version, even thought the calorie count must be way up there........although it's hard to find 1/2 & 1/2 here.

Rum cream is great in morning coffee, or later in the day with iced coffee!

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,375 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

Thanks so much for posting this :))))

Illinois
Level Contributor
242 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

I'm SO glad you posted this recipe! I had the Bailey's one from years ago and misplaced it. What perfect timing...thanks again.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

If I add more rum will it lower the calorie count? :-) I found the source for 5 of the 10 pounds I gained.

Scotland
Level Contributor
252 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

Okay....made it!! Stuck religiously to the recipe, blended - poured over ice - nice, but something missing. chocolate syrup! I didnt have syrup but had a jar of fairtrade chocolate fudge stuff...that;ll do i thought, so added a couple of generous spoons and blended again....too sweet!! What could i do? Add more rum, that'll work! Still something 'not quite right'- coconut essence! Oh, didnt have any, but did have some coconut rum! Added, reblended (is that a word?) and served over ice.....

2 hours laterr.....seemed to hasve quite alot in the fridge . - not so much mow....lol. In heaven,m 'cept its not the sound of the oocean crashing on the sand i hear...but i can dream. PIty its grtting so hard to typw.

LInda x

Scotland
Level Contributor
252 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

OOps, forgot to say, its deliciouss, thank you laserlou, its all your fault! lol

xxx

Long Island
Level Contributor
937 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

I didn't know there was/is chocolate in Rum Cream.

Scotland
Level Contributor
252 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Make Rum Cream at home

Who cares....its damn good! and i finished my bottle of the genuine stuff ages ago, now have to wait til December to buy some more.

How did the move to MB go? Did you enjoy as much as the Inn?

Linda x