We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack...renewed

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack...renewed

As we approach another season of travel I thought it might be a good time to renew this thread. Many newcomers to these forums may not have seen it and many oldtimers may have more to contribute.

"---One more thing. People who end up having a bad time are those who do not remember to pack their "chill".

These folks can be identified very easily. They are the ones without a smile, sweating profusely, taking pictures of mold and mildew, running from rats (or agouri, your choice) and complaining about the "locals" being so slow in serving their every need.

"Chill" is very cheap and those who remembered to pack their's can also be easily identified. They are sitting on the beach or in the pool. They usually have a drink in their hand and a smile on their face. They are very aware of where they are and are very appreciative. They can often be heard saying things like, "please", "thank you", "I'll have another, please", "who do I see to book my next vacation?", "it's not snowing here, is it?", "can you use, or do you know someone who can use some school supplies", "where are you from" and "do we really have to go home?"---"

Happy trails, Dutch

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
749 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack...renewed

ooohhhhhh, Love my chill!!!!

KNK

caledon
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack...renewed

BRAVO!!!!

I hope the ones who really need this will see it.

Thanks for the reminder.

Millom, United...
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack...renewed

I love my chill!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to pack...renewed

Well said!

It's also bad for everyone's chill to watch and hear others being rude, unappreciative or having a poor time!

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to pack...renewed

And, to my knowledge, none of the airlines are charging fees for packing Chill!!!!

...yet.

from Pa. live in NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to pack...renewed

I usually try to pack extra chill, that way if I meet someone who forgot theirs, there is more than enough to go around....you never know when you might meet someone who needs a little extra :)

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to pack...renewed

melikaluvs2sun,

You got chill!!! Great reply.

Dutch

from Pa. live in NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to pack...renewed

I always try :)

Dorset
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to pack...renewed

Can someone smuggle some of this chill back to me in Uk? You may need to put it under your wig!

Llanrhystyd, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to pack...renewed

After working afull 10 months in the lesuire industry We will have to work hard at getting our chill. Roll on Jan 14th when we can start to 'chill'

(it's when we leave for the airport lol).

SO BRING ON THE 'CHILL' PLEASEEEEE !!!!!!