We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
$70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

Anybody out there able to give clarity to this?

Apparently if a child shares a room with two adults there is this surcharge.

This works out to $490 extra on top of the 6600 I already paid.

YIKES... anyone with experience re: this I would love to hear about it.

Boston
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

Sorry, can't help with sharing my experience, but it is the reason we decided not to stay there...we have three kids....and need two rooms...even with one adult in one room with one child, and one adult in the other room with two children they were going to charge the $70, for EACH child...which made no sense to me.

Minneapolis Mn
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

We are staying at the Rose Hall Hilton at the end of March and I too am worried about the 70$ surcharge. .....

We have three adults in one room ( Parent, 21 yr old, and 19 year old). I assumed we would get only one 70$ additional charge for the third person.

We also have a second room with one adult and two sixteen year olds.

Do both sixteen year olds pay the 70 dollars or just the third person in the room? This could be costly!!! Does any one know how this will work?

Boston
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

I called Hilton Reservations directly back in November when planning our trip they told me that we'd be charged $70 for each child. It just doesn't make any sense to me, and I must have asked for clarification 3 or 4 times because I kept thinking maybe she wasnt' understaning what I was asking....

So I would call and speak with someone directly so you know up front what you will be charged. I think the 19 and 21 year old will be considered adults and I don't know if they charge for a third adult in the room or not. I don't remember exactly but I think children might be under 16....so you might want to double check that since you are traveling with two 16 year olds.

I would call them directly to make sure you have accurate information.

st. louis, MO
Level Contributor
438 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

Now it's been awhile since I've stayed there so I cant remember what I paid there. But, when we travel to other resorts, there has always been a charge that is different for children when we stayed at the all inclusives. some do have kids stay free, and others charge various rates depending on age.I think this is mainly because it is allinclusive. At a resort where food etc.. is not included I have also paid for extra people but it was a small charge.

Minneapolis Mn
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

I just called the hotel and they told me the following:

If your reservation says "three adults" no one will incur the $70 dollar a day fee since the room charge initially included three adults. If your reservation says two adults and two children, each child will be charged the seventy dollars per day for the AI. So... for our family with the two rooms, both 17 year olds will be charged, but not the 20 and 21 year old. This still adds up. Hope this is correct! Would love to hear from someone who has gone and experienced this. I'm still a bit worried.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

Good news if your Canadian!

Was able to confirm with Air Canada Vacations that our price included this $70 per day surcharge.

Thank Goodness... that would've been disappointing!

Also found out Air Canada Vacations has a set up with Rose Hall for a $250 credit towards spa, golf, purchases etc.

Virginia
Level Contributor
198 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

We wanted to stay at this resort, but opted not to because of the surcharge. At the time we booked, the surcharge information was tucked away on their website, but if you go to www.rosehallresort.com & click on reservations they now state the surchage issue: for the All Inclusive option there is a $70 per child / per night surcharge for ages 4-17, which is collected at check-in.

ottawa
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

for the people responding, I am curious if you are going as part of a charter or have booked hotel and flight separately? If booked separately, I can see why they have an extra charge as there appears to be just a flat rate for the room. I have booked a Sunquest charter and I am going to be angry if I have to pay extra as there is nothing in my travel docs to suggest it and Sunquest didn't inform me. I have not been able to get a definitive answer on this. However to be safe, I paid for two adult fares - even though my son is only 14 -- so hoping that will cover me!!

NJ
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

I booked through GoGo (2 adults, 2 kids, one room) and I had my travel agent confirm twice that we won't be charged additional upon checkin. She even called the resort and was told that the surcharge was included in our package price. I also double-checked by pulling up a quote on the Rose Hall website and adding the surcharge to that quote -- it came to exactly the amount I paid through GoGo.

ottawa
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: $70 surcharge per night for kids @ Rose Hall Resort and Spa

yes, I just called the hotel myself (876-953-2650). I spoke to someone in reservations and she said if I am on a package, the additional fee should be included. I also mentioned that I booked 2 adult fares and she said I should be covered. Phew! they must get so many questions about this...