We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink List

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
5 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Drink List

Can someone who has been to Rose Hall Suites list what kind of beer and alcohol they have? I read somewhere that it is only Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light and Heineken???

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drink List

What would you expect them to have?

Red Stripe, Red Stripe Light, Guinness Foreign Extra, Dragon Stout, and Heineken are brewed in Jamaica. Anything else is imported and, therefore, more expensive.

Most resorts serve Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light.

Houston
Level Contributor
5 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drink List

so do they only have 3 types of beer?

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drink List

Err....

Are you staying AI or non-AI? If non-AI, there will probably be some Guinness, Heineken, Dragon Stut, etc. available at some bars.

If AI, probably only Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light will be included.

Again...what exactly are you looking for?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drink List

If you haven't had Red Stripe in Jamaica don't prejudge it. It is the perfect beer for the beach.

Houston
Level Contributor
5 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drink List

I am staying AI. Not really worried about the types of beer just curious. I have never had Red Stripe but I rarely find a beer that I do not like.

I was mainly looking for a list of what drinks and beer I can expect from someone who has stayed at Rose Hall?

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drink List

We just booked our RHR vacation, so I've not yet been there, but it's my understanding that local beer/alcohol is included in the basic AI plan. As mentioned, there's a 90% chance that the available beer will be draft Red Stripe and Stripe Light. In terms of drinks, there'll be hundreds of different drinks...fruity, frozen, blended, sweet, strong, etc. There'll likely be a menu of 20 or so specialty drinks, but the bartenders will make just about anything you ask for. I'm guessing what you want to know is about what brand of liquor is included...there'll be a selection of local rums, rum cream, etc and full bar of other off brand liquours. Perhaps someone can comment on specific brands? IE, what kind of whiskey do they serve, vodka? gin?

I'm very parial to a good irish whiskey, so I usually stop in duty free on my way to JA and pick up a bottle or two of Bushmills to keep in the room...not a bad idea if you're particular on brands.

7. Re: Drink List

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 21:18