We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium Restaurants

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Grand Palladium Restaurants

We are counting down the days until our 1st trip to Jamaica, and I have been following reviews often. Until today, everyone has said there are no reservations required at the restaurants for dinner at the Grand Palladium. This morning I read on the official Palladium website that reservations ARE required. Has anyone been there very recently to clear up the confusion? I sure hope they haven't begun a reservation policy-yuck.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
The Houseboat Grill
££ - £££, Caribbean, Seafood, Jamaican
Scotchies
£, Caribbean, Barbecue, Jamaican
Sugar Mill
££££, Caribbean, Jamaican
Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

when we were there in december, they didn't require reservations, having been to so many all inclusives in jamaica that do, this was a refreshing change (provided you get there early!)

waiting in line to make a reservation is no fun!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

What is the difference between the two properties? Is one more Adults only? Has anyone seen any weddings there?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
20 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

There is no difference between the two. They each have their own lobby but the restaurants and bars in each can be used by everyone no matter which you are staying in. The Sunset Cove beach (the best beach) is on the Spa side, so if you are on Jamaica side it is quite a walk. We were there in OCT and there were no reservations required.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

We were there over Christmas and New Years and there were no reservations. I am not sure which website you read. I will double check on this tomorrow and update on the unofficial site.

The only "Official" palladium website is the Fiesta site and they do not have anything.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

Anyone get married there? I have emailed this resort requesting information two times and not gotten a reply! The prices online for weddings are very pricy. Looks like the wedding packages online are pretty fancy and we just want simple. Just wondred if anyone knew anything about weddings at the resort.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

We're going next week btw. They have a lovely seaside pavillion for weddings btw. I would check on site called bestdestinationweddings for info on that.

Hope everybody has a great time at the GP!~

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
59 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

we just returned from there on Monday and they did not take reservations. You just check in with the hostess and if you get there early you shouldn't have much of a wait, but after 7, the wait gets longer. We had a great time. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

Great! You answered one of my questions!

Thanks for helping all of us GP vacationers out! :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
104 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

Somebody earlier asked about the difference in the 2 properties. The Lady Hamilton has an adult side with the honeymoon villas in the 2 level villas. That's where we're staying. :)

And an adults only pool there also.

NC
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Palladium Restaurants

No reservations are required in Jamaicaat this time but I was told eventually they will be using the pager system.