We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand Paladium Lucea

Ottawa,
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
grand Paladium Lucea

leaving on tuesday morning for two weeks, would like to find out about clothing, not use to big resorts, usually go to Charela Inn, on 7 mile beach and it is very casual, don't need to bring lots of stuff. A skirt, few tops, bathing suit and shorts, but Paladium seems classy by looking a pictures, seen the place while under construction lots of times huge. So wondering how to pack. Thank you

wisconsin
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

The way that you usually pack sound fine. That is what I took along. Need a little dressier clothes for the ala cartes but that is it. It looks fancy but is very laid back. For the ala cartes I usually wore a sundress, and men must wear slacks and a collared shirt.

Ottawa,
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

Would like to know about the beach there, I am a regular in Jamaica, go twice a year but always on seven mile beach at the charela Inn, so beach is clean and perfect the best one. Thank you again.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

The beaches are man made and are in coves. There is one "Sunset Cove" that was very lovely. They do have one longer one that is great for a stroll. They are beautiful just not endless.

IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

The beaches are not like 7 mile. The sand/crushed coral is not like the poweder you are used to. The beaches are nice but broken into sections not one long stretch.

Ottawa,
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

Thank you for replying, this is helping me. Thank you again.

Ottawa,
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

Thank you for your prompt response, this will help me a little, but still worried, not that I don't have it, just don't wear it anymore, always very down to hearth now and now fancy stuff even though its in the closet. Thank you again for your respond.

Norwich, CT
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

Are the beaches white and sandy or rough and yucky?

Ottawa,
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

the beaches 3 of them are not sandy like 7 mile beach 1 is ok but quite a walk, the two others are rock bottom and sand is crushed coral. But do go for one day in Negril, the 7 mile beach is perfect

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

I would also check out the dress code at the restaurants on property that you are interested in. Took my parents to an all inclusive in Rose Hall and we were limited on the restaurant choices because my dad didn't bring pants.

Have fun!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: grand Paladium Lucea

We were at the Palladium in January and returning for a week the end of September. We pretty much live in our bathing suits/cover up during the day so we don't bring alot of shorts. The a la carte restaurants are a bit dressier - sundress, skirt, capris with a nice top are fine. Men have to wear long pants though which is tough when it is so hot. We enjoyed the beaches in several coves but again no long stretch of beach. Loved the sunsets. Enjoyed the fact that you didn't have to line up at 7:00 a.m. for dinner reservations too. Can't wait to go back.