We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Hi, arrive to Jamaica this Friday, can't wait. I wanted a private driver for a day so I wrote to Gregg Connel as he was highly recomended from this forum.....I wrote him today to confirm our "date" and make arrangements on where to meet...He just wrote back and said that we are all set and our driver will be Carlton Smith....Now should I accept this....I was assuming that it was going to be Gregg the whole time ......Has anyone spent a day with Carlton Smith? .....we also made a flat rate of 150 with Gregg, so want to make sure this guy is aware of this........Not sure what to do....any imput will be appreciated..thanks...

Toronto
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Hi there, I arrive to Sunset Beach on Sunday and wanted to get a driver to take me and my daughter into Montego Bay for an few hours. Is this what you recommend we do? Do they wait for you or do they come back and get us? Can we arrange to get a driver at the hotel? Would you recommend this or should we arrange this ahead of time. Hope to see you at the resort and am really looking forward to it.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,619 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Carlton picked us up at the airport. Greg's business appears to be thriving. Carlton seemed like a good guy and I would have been comfortable with him taking us on a day trip. Mark took us on our day trip. Your $150 deal with Greg is rock solid. No worries.

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

HI Munjacake, from what I here, the resort offers a shuttle couple times a day to the hip strip for I think 6 dollars per person return....I do know they have hotel taxi's that take you for about 10-15 dollars one way...and from what I hear there are many taxi's at hip strip to take you back....do negotiate a price before you get in....We plan to take a taxi Monday to Doctor's cave beach for the day.....For our bigger trip to Mayfield Falls/Negril I wanted to have a driver pre booked as I wanted it for the WEd.(my hubby's birthday), found this company from this forum....We can't wait to get there.

IA
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Gregg is a personal friend of mine. He is the owner of the business that only hires top notch people. I would not be worried about any driver that he hires. His prices are solid. Carlton works for him and Gregg pays him so no worries. If your trip is confirmed that is what you pay. If you have any more concerns just email him and you will be put at ease. If I can be of any assistance to you feel free to contact me.

Matt

IA
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

One thing I forgot to add. Since Gregg is the owner that is why he is listed as the contact and the person people list when referiing to his company. All you his people are great. Due to the fact the company is growing Gregg can not drive everybody. Rest assured you are in good hands.

Matt

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Thanks Matt, I feel much better about it. What I was dissapointed with was the fact that Gregg was so highly recommended as a driver and I was so looking forward to having him and I just assumed he was the one that was going to drive when he said he was available for the date I wanted, so when he gave me a name that was not mentioned in the forum , my first reaction was dissapointment of course, ...I since then have been in contact with Gregg and I am totally fine with everything. and looking forward to my day.

Phila.
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Hi! I was just wondering how your time with Gregg went.We plan to use him next month.Thanks!Crissa

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Hi acemommi, Our day trip was with Carlton Smith, a fantastic guy, fun, imformative and always felt safe. He picked us up at our resort on time and drove us to Mayfield falls(did a few side trips on the way that he thought would be of interest which was.....loved Mayfield falls had a blast there. then drove to Negril, had lunch at Margaritaville, we had Carlton join us, he was so much fun...walked the beach for a while, swam, then off to Rick's cafe to watch the cliff jumpers and the gorgeous sunset...then 11 hours later was back at resort safe and sound.....great day, Carlton made the day that much better......We did end up meeting Gregg Connell the day before and his other driver Mark(George) .....George took us for a tour of Montego Bay, we were with him for aprox. 3 hours....they were all great and imformative and safe and very profesional......you will have a great time.....

Phila.
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Thanks for the info.!!Would you reccomend going to those falls over Dunn's River Falls.Which is closer to Montego Bay?Thanks so much!

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reggae tours/Gregg Connel

Acemommi, I have never gone to Dunns Falls....Mayfield is closer about an hour and a half from Montego Bay, Dunns is over 2 hours away(at least anyhow)...We loved Mayfield, they say it is a smaller version of Dunn's....My other choice of Falls that I had thought of was YS and when I typed in YS or Mayfield, many suggested Mayfield hands down......To go back to Jamaica I would try Dunns as that one is the more popular, but more crowded....Any falls in my opinion is a great choice as they are all alot of fun....For us, we had also wanted to visit Negril, Mayfield is just an hour away from Negril...and ended with Rick's cafe to watch the cliff jumpers and gorgeous sunset,....good luck,

Get answers to your questions about Montego Bay