We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

We have 5 girls and one child aged 11 travelling to Montego Bay and not sure where to stay. We want the child to have a good pool and some kids around to play with in the day, also would like resort to be an AI and we want to be close to Hip Strip so some of the girls can go out at night and

also if we want to stay in the resort where there is a good night life. I know we are asking for a lot in one place, but does anyone have a suggestion.

We are looking at may Royal Decameron or Rui MoBay

but not set on these places if someone has somewhere better.

Thanks

b.c. canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

hi I just got back from the royal decameron last sat.there werent a lot of kids there,I think we saw 3 in the week we were there.it is very close to the hip strip and a lot of people went there at night....there didnt seem to be a lot of night life at the resort....not sure what place would be good for you.i,m sure someone on here will have good suggestions for you

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

I think RDMB is a good choice. Not a lot to do for the 11 year old, but all the kids I've seen there always look like they are having a good time. It's close to the strip for shopping and night life.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

If you want to be close to the Hip Strip, you might look at Sunset Beach. For more upscale (but further out of town) look at Rose Hall Resort Hilton. Both are AI, and have tons to do for the kids (waterpark, etc) I'm sure they'll be lots of kids around, decent to good AI food, fairly slow nightlife though...which is common at AI's.

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

Our family stayed at the sunset beach , awsome water park and lazy river....good beach(great snorkling)....they offer free shuttles to margaritaville at night....and shuttles to hip strip during the day for I think 6 dollars per person return.....(our family took a taxi 20 dollars there and back to doctor's cave, an awsome beach and right beside the hip strip(about 10 min. away) 15 min. to the airport.......good luck with your search

Prince Frederick...
Level Contributor
358 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

The Rose Hall Hilton seems to be the place for you and the child. There is a lazy river, which the children enjoy, I did also. (I am a big child at hear) You are not far away from the hip strip and I think all would be happy. I have to say that there is not much of a night life at the resort. However, it is a place to have a good time and will meet your

needs. Have a wonderful time, regardless of where you decide to stay.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

hmm not sure about RDMB for an 11 year old. I would go with Sunset Beach if I were your group. Enjoy!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

RDMB is my favorite resort, but agree about the 11 yr old. Sunset probaly your best bet.

Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
427 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

Hello,

Okay, might I suggest either Sunset resort or Holiday Inn Sunspree, both are just a short taxi ride to the "Hip Strip". As noted, from the previous contributors , both these resorts have great activities for young adults, both are all inclusive.

Take it nice and easy,

grac

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

We just returned from Rose Hall and loved it... but I think it would be too far from the Hip Strip... it's at a least 20 minute drive from Rose Hall to Hip.

Sunset Beach Resort might be a better choice in terms of proximity.

Melbourne Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Not sure where to stay in Montego Bay

Hi thanks so much for your suggestions. Is Sunset Jamaica Grand Resort & Spa in Ocho Rios the place you mean.