We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

purchase Rum

Davis, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
purchase Rum

This will be our first time to Jamacia. Where is the best place to buy Rum to take home.

Thank you for you time

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: purchase Rum

I always buy mine at the airport and they box it up for you.

Davis, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: purchase Rum

Thank you for your reply

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: purchase Rum

I agree, the airport is the best place.

merrimac
Level Contributor
762 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: purchase Rum

The airport is great to buy it BUT............. if you have a direct that's fine if you carry it on but if you have to change planes the 3oz rule might apply I'ts best I think to put it in the check in bag and wrap it GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicago
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: purchase Rum

the duty-free at the airport has the best price and you don't have to log it around with you during the trip. Hit of the duty-free before you fly back home..

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: purchase Rum

I agree the airport's the best place to buy. If you have a direct flight you can carry it on with you. If you have a layover, you'll carry it for the first leg then get your bags to go through customs, put the booze in your checked bag before going through customs and you're all good.

7. Re: purchase Rum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 18:23