We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 posts
Save Topic
Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

I'm just curious...we had to change our May 17 trip from Playa del Carmen to Jamaica over the weekend due to the swine flu. How many others have had to do the same? I wonder if that means the Jamaican resorts will be packed full?

NJ
Level Contributor
242 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

I'm thinking about either Jamaica or the Bahamas for May 9 or May 10. Was supposed to be in Cancun Friday!

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

There is plenty of room (thanks to the Spanish)!

Come on over, the water is great!

(and, yes, a lot of people are doing the same)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

"Once you go, you know"

I think a lot of die-hard Mexico fans who are now "forced" to switch to another destination, and have choosen Jamaica, may well join the ranks of us who are die-hard Jamaica fans. ya, mon ;)

Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

Im one of those people. Just changed my trip from Great Parnassus, Mexico to Grand Palladium, Jamaica. Lost out on airfare but hoping to use it another time for mexico. Excited about Jamaica. 4th time.

indiana
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

8 of us just switched. excited about jamaica but still uneasy because of such a last minute feel to it...got to wrap my head around it and hope that my first jamaican experience is equal to my many mexican ones.

st.louis mo
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

Yeah we were booked to cancun as well. But, we changed Tues. We leave the 4th of may there will be 6 of us staying at the grand palladium lady hamilton. None of us have ever been to Jamaica we are all really excited.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

Im with you guys!

I was suppose to leave for my Mexico wedding this weekend, but am now going to Jamaica with 22 of our closest friends. Were still hoping to be able to pull off a wedding at a totally new place.

We leave tomorrow!!!

Carolyn

New York
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

Hi I just did thatand we are going there on May 6. We were supposed to go to Mexico to Playa De Carmen, but changed it to Gran Bahia Princip, will try to post after i will return on May 15.

Palmer...
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

Ditto! Was booked May 7 - 12 in Playa. Tuesday we switched to Grand Palladium Jamaica from May 8-13. We are die hard Mexico lovers ~ hope we learn to love Jamaica as much!

NJ
Level Contributor
242 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Change from Mexico to Jamaica?

WOW CarolynLeanne!

How stressful that must have been for you! You're own wedding- I can't even imagine. And here I was stressed out over a vacation! LOL Well I'm with all of you, was supposed to be going to Cancun tomorrow but changed my plans to the Grand Palladium. My first time in Jamaica too so I'm really excited- the place looks amazing and it's not even a year old! See some of you at the bar I'm sure!!