We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
167 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

I booked what I thought was an all inclusive deal at the Rose Hall Resort in June through Expedia...When i received the confirmation it only lists flight and check in/out details. I tried to call them but I was on hold for 20 minutes waiting. I looked on the website for the resort and it mentions they have All Inlclusive packages or just hotel rates. Has this happened to anyone before? Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks in advance!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

I would think you should be able to get it changed via Expedia, or pay the extra charges for AI when you arrive. I would strongly recommend AI.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

I thought yesterday you were staying in runaway bay, at RDCC?

just to confirm, you're at the Rose Hall Hilton?

Chelle

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

Yes because we could not get a flight back on the 27th before 7am...we decided on Rose Hall Resort and Spa (Hilton) as it is closer to the airport. Orig we wanted to stay in Runaway Bay. We ordered a private driver to pick us up on Monday June 22...and we are going to Ochos Rios area do Zip Line, ATV 4x4, Dunns River Falls, White river tubing and coyaba gardens and water fall. I reserved through Clive to go to Negril for the day and do your own thing as we booked a catamaran sunset cruise to Ricks. Let me know if you are interested and I can check to see pricing.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,635 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

You have all that stuff lined up for one day(falls, atv, zipline, etc)? Seems like quite a bit.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

i'm sure you can still do all that from the Rose Hall.. Ocho Rios is about an hour further away now and Negril is an hour closer (you'd be looking at a bit under 2 hours to Negril and an hour and a little bit to Ochi)...

Thanks for the offer, but i'll have to decline..

try to check with expedia to see what is included in your package... maybe go back to the booking engine and see if you can track it down to explicitly list what you paid for...

if you did not pay for AI, as mentioned, it's likely a good deal, there's not a heck of a lot in the immediate area to give you an abudnance of options for dining and i'm sure the hotel food is over priced on an a la carte basis...

Chelle

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

The Rose Hall Hilton does offer non-AI rates.

I knew they used to before the LXR/Hilton switch, but I thought they went 100% AI after that. Apparently not.

I just typed in June 20-27 on Hilton's website and they did give a non-AI option called "best available unrestricted rate". All other options start with "all-inclusive" and are more expensive.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

Thanks everyone...appreciate it.

When I clicked on it it said all inclusive at the end of the hotel name. I went back on it after I booked mine to see if I could read it again and then they were then only offering 6 night packages. It seems like it changes back and forth on expedia. While checking out on Expedia the overall price went up and down and up again everytime I clicked on "next" to when I actually confirmed the booking. The price said all inclusive including taxes and charges but then expedia added $380 on for other charges at the end but gave me $100 discount. I liked booking through Hotwire for my last trip much better it was more upfront. Next time I do an all inclusive I will go through an actual travel agent. My trip to Mexico (AI) was less even though I booked through a agent. I figured I would give it a try...Thanks again =)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

We are doing the Reggae Nine Mile tour...Is that about a 2 hour ride (each way) from MoBay?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

nine mile would be closer to an hour and half from rose hall, if it's a tour, it's likely you'll make a stop or two enroute, so its best to check travel times with the tour operator...

Chelle

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booked Rose Hall Resort w/ Expedia...I thought it was AI??

I think you can probably tell by the price you paid.

The non-AI rate on the Hilton website was $190-ish per night and the cheapest AI rate was ~ $350 per night, per couple.