We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wow! What a review!What d you think?

Baltimore,Maryland
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wow! What a review!What d you think?

Hey guys,

Just checking on TA as usual on Rose hall Resort& Spa for my upcoming vacation and read the lastest review.

I read so many wonderful thgs about resort.Is that true about the pool,water,beach,loungers,etc?

He was really T off!

What do those think that travel here before?

It's so many more good reviews then bad.

Concerned traveler!

Copper

Mentioned in this post
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica
Jackpot, Nevada
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

It is a pretty awful review isn't it?

I couldn't believe I was reading about the same resort. I know you can't always please everyone but this guy's review was so contrasting from the others. I'm going to take it with a pinch of salt, I'm sure this is the way he felt, but the positive reviews far outweigh the negatives.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

Hi,

I agree with both of you. I was very concerned to read the review. However, I would be more concerned if there were more reviews like that and none of the good ones.

IMO, and it is only mine, I don't think they were in the right "zone" when they got to Jamaica. And, he felt it went down hill from there.

I'm travelling next weekend and have been looking forward to it for months and am trying not to let one review freak me out too much.

However, I am concerned as he has only just joined, obviously to write his review, and so, he must be really cheesed off!!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

If it's the one I read it was a bore fest of misery.

Also when someone states something as ridiculous as this

>>>The only problem was that because they allowed people to eat in the pool a dirty film and grease had formed in the water which was revolting.

It shows their arrogance since I would think that most people would know that that is the sun tan lotions that do that.

Baltimore,Maryland
Level Contributor
191 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

Hey Gang,

Yea, I think also that he was just upset from the beginning of vacation due to the change.

I going no matter what and I can't wait to see for myself.

Cheers!

Copper

New Brunswick
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

Save your money!

This was the worst vacation i've ever been on.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

Sounds like this guy never left the resort... He cant even claim to have been to Jamaica in my opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

I never had a bad vacation regardless of how many or how big the bumps were along the way.

Perhaps he should stick to MX at those new fancy resorts where the staff slave over you 24/7

Level Contributor
1,454 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

We have stayed at RHR 5 times; obviously we liked it a lot. However; one man's ceiling is another man's floor, and, it is impossible to please everyone. He, obviously, did not have time to research his destination, and didn't like what he found. I have met the manager, several times, and, no, he is not a coward. I have never reserved a sun lounger, and, never plan to. Is RHR perfect? No, it's not, but, neither is anywhere else. It is fine with us, and, hopefully, will be able to return soon.......dan

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

That review was so far off base it's not even funny. I'd guess these people had never been to Jamaica and had no idea what to expect. We've been to a lot of resorts in Jamaica and while this wasn't the BEST, it was definitely high on our list.

The food was decent...about what you'd expect from an AI...buffet was just OK to me, but the reservation restaurants were good and we weren't charged for anything.

We never had to reserve a chair unless we wanted a primo spot around the lazy river...the pool seemed very clean to me and the waterpark was more than sufficient. We'd usually get up, have a leisurely breakfast then stroll over to the beach or waterpark and never had trouble finding a spot. The water was choppy all week so it was fairly churned up which made it seem murky...not dirty at all though...the beach is small and you will walk on grass, etc in the water. If the beach is a HUGE part of your vacation this resort might not be the best...if that's the case though you should really be looking at Negril.

Service and staff were TOP NOTCH...some of the best, friendliest service we've had in Jamaica...and that's saying a lot! We never had a problem getting served anywhere, the housekeeping was great, concierge, front desk, bell service was all fantastic. Never had to wait too long at the bar, could always find a table or barstools, etc.

As I said, we've been to Jamaica a lot and to a lot of upscale resorts...we've both spent a lot of time in the hospitality business as well as other service oriented businesses...we're definitely picky travelers and I think pay attention to a lot of details most travelers overlook. Rest your mind, RHR is a good pick!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
10. Re: Wow! What a review!What d you think?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:20