We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Grand versus Iberostar Suites

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Grand versus Iberostar Suites

Trying to see if the 30% difference is worth the costs. Any insight??

Hartford...
Level Contributor
533 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Grand versus Iberostar Suites

We stayed at the Suites the first week of June. We were NOT allowed in the Grand section - they actually had security guards at the entrances. We were walking around the lobby of the suites and wanted to go to a gift shop - we were told by a security guard that we are "not allowed in this section". I'm not sure what the Grand offers, but the Suites section was wonderful. Beautiful modern lobby and decor. Huge suite rooms with a beautiful pool/ocean view. Excellent food - even in the buffet!!Great staff. They did offer room service but we didn't use. I wouldn't pay the price for whatever luxuries the Grand offers.

Missouri
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Grand versus Iberostar Suites

The Grand is adults only, the Suites is not. The Grand includes butler service and access to all areas of the resort. Don't know if any of this makes any difference to you.

Toronto
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Grand versus Iberostar Suites

I would definatley pay the extra for the Grand. Exactly as the previous post - we were there at Suites at the end of June and tried to go over to the Grand from the Suites and were advised that it was off limits. With the Grand you can use the Suites and the Beaches. We did use the room service at the Suites and it was a free service along with all of the A La Carte restuarants. I am jealous - you will enjoy either choice!

California
Level Contributor
444 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Grand versus Iberostar Suites

We just got back from 9 days at the Grand and it was wonderful.

If you do not want to deal with children, the Grand is the way to go. Believe me the noise level really goes up when you get to the Suites.

We ate at the Mexican and Steak restuarants at the Suites and they did not even compare to the Grand. The service,quality of food and presentation of meals was soooo much better.

The pool beds were awesome too! I loved the swing we had on our patio in our ocean front room (upgraded free)

It really depends on what your looking for in a vacation, if the extra money is worth the extra luxury then go for the Grand, it was awesome.

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,974 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Grand versus Iberostar Suites

We are going to go with the Grand. Thanks for your feedback.

6. Re: Iberostar Grand versus Iberostar Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 06:19