We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

Philly
2 posts
Save Topic
Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

Hey, we're having a decent amount of people come to our wedding next May at SRC. About 40. The resort looks small. Was wondering if anyone has seen or been a part of a wedding at SRC? Where was the reception? Thanks guys.

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

When I was there a few years ago there was a HUGE Jamaican wedding held there one day. When I say HUGE.... there was at least 100 guests! The wedding itself took place behind the main pool and out across the grass area that lay there. They had really made it look gorgeous. I can't remember the reception. I am assuming it was in the same area as where the wedding was because I do remember a few marquees. The resort is not THAT small. There was plenty of places ot have weddings and receptions and not even disturb the rest of the guests.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

We were there in May and we saw a few weddings, with one in the same location behind main pool. The SRC crew actually built a stage/dance floor for the party. There was about 30 people there and there was plenty of space.

Have a great time!

Bourbon, Indiana
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

The grassy area behind the main pool will be large enough to accommodate all of your guests. I believe there is also an indoor banquet hall. While we were there I saw several areas that were "reserved for a private party". My guess is that they would let you reserve any area that met your needs. I would contact the wedding coordinator and find out your options :) Good luck and congratulations!

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

My daughter is getting Married at a Malia Property in the DR next April and it is way to big I wish she had chosen SRC.

I know the resort looks small but it is amazingly spread out and you will have no problem with 40 guest, Have a great time and Congratulation.

Carolyn

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

Ukusa, I was there during that same wedding behind the main pool and it was gorgeous!

If "space" is a concern, you also have the option of renting out the private island (spendy but an option). I believe that is where the large group from the wedding we saw held their reception that night.

Congrats & best wishes!

IrieLady

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
929 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

IrieLady.... you are right! I forgot about that! I now remember!

Burlington, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

In April I saw a large wedding ceremony taking place on the beach. Between Sandringham and Balmoral bldgs. They had set up folding chairs covered in white fabric on the sand for the guests. And later the couple had their reception set up on the lawn as stated above (Roehampton Croquet Lawn). The resort had set 4 large poles in the ground and covered the poles & table area with a very sheer white cloth/netting (it was at least 20 feet tall and the covering went to the ground). They then hung these really cool white paper lantern's from the covering (for lighting). The table for guests was set up "U" shaped with the bride & groom seated on the short side. Candeles covered the tables. It was very gorgeous.

This resort can handle your group.

Philly
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

Thanks guys you have completely eleviated my concerns. Can't wait to just get married already!

9. Re: Big Wedding party at Sandals Royal Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 08:16