We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio one Kingston Orange Steet.

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Studio one Kingston Orange Steet.

We are staying at RDCC runaway bay in january for two weeks and my husband is a mad Ska and Reggae fan and wants to visit Studio One (the home of Ska) in Kingston while we are there. I have searched everywhere for trips but cannot find even one so just wondered if there was anyone who had been and if there was any advise on how I could arrange this. I have been told by a few that Kingston isn't the safest of places so would this cause a problem.

pqrc

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio one Kingston Orange Steet.

i'll admit that this info was all based on a google search and i'm not the best person to ask further questions (unless they are pertaining more to kingston in general and not to this specific studio)...

from what i've read, studio one is no longer on orange street, moved years ago, as it was in an undesireable area of kingston (downtown, which is not necessarily for the faint of heart, even during daylight hours)... it's now on brentford road...

i found this contact info for the studio, you'd probably want to call first and arrange a time to meet as i also found this address to correspond with an auto shop and i'm not exactly sure where it is :) (it's likely that the studio is just a small room in the back of somewhere)...

3 Brentford Road

Kingston 5

Jamaica West Indies

JM 876-960-1298

876-757-0987

while any competent driver should be able to get you to kingston with minimal worries, you might want one well familiar with the area when you are trying to find places that aren't on the regular tour... others can recommend a driver from the Runaway Bay area, contact the recommendations and see who might know how to get you where you want to be... if you can't find anyone, contact the above and see if they can recommend someone...

hope that helps some

Chelle

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio one Kingston Orange Steet.

Thank you so much for all the information and I will look into it and let you know what happens, you have been really helpful.

Thank you

pqrc

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio one Kingston Orange Steet.

Here are a couple of threads which may be helpful, but a little research to check information is up to date may be worthwhile.

tripadvisor.com/…8194904

tripadvisor.com/…16194838

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Studio one Kingston Orange Steet.

Thanks for all the info.....

5. Re: Studio one Kingston Orange Steet.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2010, 05:18