We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Rose Hall closure

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Rose Hall closure

Hi,

My boyfriend and i are travelling to Jamaica in September and we are staying in the Rose Hall beach resort. I have just read a post saying that the Rose Hall will be closing on the 1st of September for two months due to low occupancy rates and was wondering if anyone had heard any more information, as i am worried about our reservations and where we will be staying if this is true.

Your help or comments are appreciated.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,997 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

My friend that lives down there told me yesterday that this was happening. I'm sure they're moving you somewhere else but you should check with your t/a to find out what is going on.

belfast
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

Hi im am going there to get married in May and I am worried but it says its only closing for a few months so it should be ok by the time I get there. If I were you I wouldnt worry as I have read that any guest staying there there are moving them to the suites so you will be upgarated to a better hotel which is great. I have contacted my tour operator and they didnt no anything about it. So I have sent the hotel an email to find out more. I will keep you updated.

Louise

London, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

I can confirm the hotel is closed for the first two weeks in September. I just phoned the hotel and they said anyone with a reservation at the rose hall beach will get an upgrade to the suites hotel. I phoned my travel agent up (first choice) and they knew nothing about the closure and said it was unture and not to beleive anything i read on the internet. I think I would believe the hotel front desk staff to some idiot in a call centre that probably doesnt even know where Jamaica is!

Illinois
Level Contributor
385 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

Sounds like you hit the jackpot. The Suites are much nicer!! Have fun!

Michigan
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

I read an article about this today in travel weekly. Rose Hall Beach will reopen in time for high season. In the meantime,guests will be upgraded according to the following:

Rose hall beach goes to Rose hall suites.

Rose Hall Suite guests will be upgraded to oceanfront.

Best deal, guests without children who were booked in oceanfront will be moved to the Grand!

Here is a link to the full article:

travelweekly.com/article3_ektid202390.aspx

Enjoy the upgrades!

Cheryl :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

That's Really Interesting I thought the occupancy was low at all the resorts due to low season.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

Just hope they don't close the Grand as I'll be there in Oct

Prince Frederick...
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

i just upgraded to the suites last month, looks as though we get a free upgrade to the Grand since we have no children with us for our honeymoon!! I just emailed my travel agent to make sure that this was indeed the case for us. I sure hope that it is. I hear the Grand is very nice and worth the upgrade. i will post back as soon as I hear from my agent on exactly what is going to happen with us. I wonder what they are doing with the employees who were working at beaches? Will they be transferred over to the suites and grand to take care of the guests that will be there. I honestly think this will be a good thing for all of us getting the free upgrade!!!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
46 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

Am booked at the Grand starting next Sat 9/05 for 6 nites ....sure hope they don't over fill the suites and move folks with kiddies over to the Grand

new jersey
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall closure

"Am booked at the Grand starting next Sat 9/05 for 6 nites ....sure hope they don't over fill the suites and move folks with kiddies over to the Grand"

WHy did you have to say that LOL We are going in October and you just made the hair on my neck stand up.