We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

new jersey
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

We are booked at the Iberostar Grand Nov 8-14 in an ocean view room. Does anyone know if we get any kind of upgrade or perks After all we are paying the highest price of anybody. It seems that we should get something extra if people from the Beach and Suites hotel are gettig all these upgrades due to the closing of the Beach hotels

If snyone has any info on this please let me know I am going to call my travel agent tomorrow and see if she has any info about this

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
261 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

I would not worry about an upgrade, If you think too much about the upgrade and don't get it at the time of your arrival. You might be starting your time off on a wrong note due to disspointment. Just go and hope for nothing and let it be a surprise if you're offered an upgrade. I will be there with my husband from Novemebr 6 - November 10. I have ocean view, if they offer me Ocean front great!! if they don't that's fine too!!

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

Ditto on Pearls thoughts. 37 days to go!

Dun Laoghaire...
Level Contributor
81 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

We'll be there Nov03 - Nov17. I just hope our rooom is clean & stays that way!

Plainwell, Michigan
Level Contributor
836 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

All of the rooms are absolutely beautiful with gorgeous views no matter where your room is.....IMO!!

Don't sweat it!!! Just go and have the time of your life.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
131 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

I wouldn't sweat the upgrades I'm sure the hotel will take care of the guests who actually booked there as they know you will spend more money in the future if you have a positive experience.

Chances are most of the ocean front rooms are empty and they will just upgrade people to those rooms. Just sucks as the suites is $1,000 cheaper per week

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

I am going October 1st with a group. We booked ocean view rooms. I am hoping the upgrade fairy will visit us since we are celebrating our 25 anniversary and one of our friends is celebrating their 50th birthday. I won't be disappointed but now that I know we paid for the Grand and people from the suites are being upgraded to the Grand at the same price, I can't help but wish for the upgrade fairy to visit us.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

Why would you expect any perks? Just because you are paying the highest price, that is your choice. You should expect to get what you paid for and nothing more. If you get more, great, but don't go expecting more.

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

Hoping and expecting are not synonyms.

Maybe the above poster should check their dictionary before publishing their critical responses. An example would be: When I play Loto I HOPE to win I do not EXPECT to win.

OMG what a DA!

new jersey
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

HOW RUDE

Just thought I let you know I AM getting an upgrade to any ocean front room so keep your opions to yourself

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: what upgrades will the people at the Iberostar Grand get?

I think its RUDE for people to pay for one thing and then want or hope for something else. If you receive it upon checkin, great. But your not even there yet and are already thinking and asking about upgrades.

I do know the difference between hope and want. I also know about people who seem to feel they are "entitled".