We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electric currency

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Electric currency

I know this sounds really silly, but will I be able to use my hair straighteners in Jamaica with UK plugs or will I need a converter?

windsor ontario
Level Contributor
885 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Electric currency

The power in Jamaica is the same as North America US Canada.

2. Re: Electric currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2009, 10:46
nj
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Electric currency

how about verizon cell phones? will they work in montego bay?

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
450 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Electric currency

it depends on what make and how old yr straightners are, if they have multi voltage you are ok, i have GHDs but they are few yrs old and they didnt heat up properly and with the humidity out there my hair wouldnt have stayed straight anyway, for all electrical things you will need the flat 2 pin plugs,hope this helps, happy hols....

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Electric currency

My brother's Verizon worked but the charges were quite high. You're better off renting a phone and buying phone cards in my opinion. Digicel is the popular brand and you can buy minutes in small increments at just about every store.

6. Re: Electric currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 06:17