We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

I have narrowed our hotel choices down to these resorts. Any opinions on which would be better?? Grand Palladium looks nicer in the online photos but Rose Hall Suites got better reviews. Grand Palladium is also $1000 cheaper.

I am travelling with my husband and ten year old daughter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

I have heard some negative things about the Grand Palladium. There was recently a review for Iberostar Rose Hall Suites by a TA member called Cheesemakers titled "Loved it" I hope this links to it, if not, it's on the second page of reviews right now: tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Anyway they started at the Grand Palladium and were unhappy and switched to Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. If you send them a message they could possibly give you a breakdown of the reasons they didn't like the Palladium, then you could decide if those are things that matter to you and your family.

buffalo, new york
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

Thanks. That was very helpful!

Do you know if there is more to do in the area around the Iberostar? It seems like the Palladium might be more isolated & maybe that is why the rates are lower?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

I have heard that the Palladium is much farther from the airport and less conveniently located. I have never been there myself though.

Illinois, USA
Level Contributor
299 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

If you can, I would pay the extra for the Iberostar Suites. Our 9 year old loved it! The star friends always had activities for him to do and we didn't have to worry about him at all! It is not huge like Palladium, which is my opinion is better when you are taking a child(ren).

You can be in the infinity pool relaxing, having a beverage and not worry about your child which was so very nice!

He made several new friends there and did archery, ping pong, darts, played pool, volleyball, bocce ball, horseshoes, played water basketball, went snorkleing; which is best in front of the beaches area. He had an underwater camara from walmart and they all took pictures. Turned out great.

They also have shows for the children, a childrens club, shows at night, a beach party and scuba diving lessons in the pool.

If they win any games, at night they bring them on stage and present them with a t shirt or hat.

The rooms are fantastic, the views and the way the hotel(s) are laid out great.

If she is a picky eater, they have chicken nuggets, FF, pizza, mac n cheese, nachoes, hamburgers, hotdogs, spahetti and the breakfast buffet is fab.

I'm sure there are only resorts in comparison but we were there in August and loved it.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

Also here is a whole thread about the location of the Palladium.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147311-i93-k31752…

new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

Stayed at Lady Hamilton Palladium in December 08 and just returned from Iberostar Grand last night. The Grand wins by a mile. Better beach, great pools, great food, great service, and a exellent staff.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

Wishin&Fishin, were you able to spend any time at the Suites? The original question was comparing the GP to the Suites. I'd also be anxious to hear how you think the Suites compares, though I totally understand if you didn't spend enough time there to say.

new jersey
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

Sorry my bad. Yes we did spend time at the suites. It is also a beautiful resort with a great beach and pools. We ate at the Mexican, Steak House and at the lunck buffet and the food was very good. The only difference between the lunch buffets was the Grand had lobster, crab, and shrimp. The Grand also had top shelf booze

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

We just returned from Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and have stayed at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Lucea in July. The RHS has perfect food , great service and staff , but it is trying too hard. The staff is constantly watched and they are always keenly aware of their Spanish management watching their every move. They are under duress always and as a tourist it is readily apparent, making it uncomfortable to watch. The staff do a great job and make every effort to help guests enjoy their stay but they do not appear to be happy. Management types are constantly buzzing around with their two-way radios and appear as an obvious contrast to the staff who are trying to do their jobs.

Perfect resort hotel between the highway and the ocean but contrived atmosphere with very little Jamaican feel.

Had more fun at GP Lady Hamilton - more scenic - just as nice - more fun - more genuine and able to get local bar drinks that RHS bartenders couldn't or were not allowed to make - ie: " Bob Marleys " not allowed. The great bartenders at GP are fun and animated. Rose Hall suites - uncomfortable .

GP - relaxed and more fun.

Our choice is GP Lady Hamilton.

10. Re: Iberostar Rose Hall Suites v. Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 05:30