We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

new hampshire
Level Contributor
516 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

Which is these resorts is better. I am looking for a nice room, good food, and a nice beach and pool area. I am traveling with young kids (8 and 5). Can anyone help? Would love to be able to stay closer to the airport, but will sacrifice the commute for a nicer place if I have to. Thanks.

Thornhill, ON
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

My wife and I got married at HI 2 years ago this Christmas. It is a great resort catered to children. The entertainment and activities all day long are for the kids. Our son was 1 years old at the time and he even had a great time.

We are trying our luck with Sunset beach resort and spa as it is also a kids resort with a pirate ship waterpark and water slides.

Look into this resprt as well, it is very reasonably priced if not lower than HI.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,652 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

If the price is comparable, Pebbles is the better deal. It is normally significantly more expensive.

I have 1 and 2.5 year olds. For now, we prefer villas with the kids but once they get old enough to need some entertainment, the FDR Resorts will be on our short list.

Montego Bay
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

For children between your two choices the FDR would be better.

For Montego Bay I would go with the RoseHall Resort and Spa,A Hilton Resort for its waterpark,kids club,babysitting service,and Teen Zone.

Sunset Beach is aslo very goodwith a waterpark and similar facilities to RH and both are 20 minutes of the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Delaware
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

In this question one of the main things is are you more comfortable with a large resort or small ? Pebbles is a small resort with less than 100 units.No elevators. Walk anywhere in 2 to 3 minutes. Very laid back and intimate. Pebbles and Starfish are on a "country" road pretty much by themselves. Your kids would have their own nanny and the afterdinner entertainment would be great for them .There are 2 adult only restaurants you could go to leaving the kids with the nanny.

HI Sunspree is a larger resort on a well traveled highway quite near all the goings on in MoBay.

My choice would be Pebbles. If you are more comfortable with a lot of people around than head for HI>

new hampshire
Level Contributor
516 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

I really like the feel of a large resort, that is why I was leaning towards HI, plus it's closer to the airport. So I guess the question is which resort has the better food and better rooms?

Montego Bay
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

In my opinion FDR has better rooms. The food at both resorts are similar.In choosing Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles I would choose the one that had a special deals,or promotion, airport shuttle and nearness to attraction

windsor ontario
Level Contributor
888 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

if the price is close definitely pebblles is a better choice. You cant beat the nanny service at pebbles

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
937 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

We went to HI this summer with our 3 year old. This was our 4th trip to Jamaica and really enjoyed HI. DS LOVED the clubs, the beach and water was just right, he loved the pool and we were able to chill out. Also, we LOVED the 15 min drive to the hotel and back. Nothing like the drive to Negril that we usually do!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
new hampshire
Level Contributor
516 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

From all the pictures I've seen, Pebbles reminds me of camping. Am I way off base?

windsor ontario
Level Contributor
888 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree or FDR Pebbles

thats not offbase its got a little of that feeling. its a great place for the kids and if there happy so are we.