We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Clubs at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Riu Ocho Rios

New York
Level Contributor
490 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Clubs at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Riu Ocho Rios

I am traveling wtih my wife and two boys ages 4 and 9. I have narrowed down to these two resorts. Can anyone comment on the kids clubs and the type of activities? We want to stay at a 4 star, but not pay Beaches prices. Also considered the Rose Hall Hilton. The Riu Ocho Rios beach looks nicer than the Montego Bay beachs and it has snorkeling off the beach.

Would love to hear some additional comments!

Illinois, USA
Level Contributor
299 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Clubs at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Riu Ocho Rios

We stayed at the Iberostar Suites with our 9 year old son. He had a blast there. There is always activities throughout the day. Archery, bingo, lazy river, darts, pingpong, pool tables, volley ball, horseshoes, bocce ball, shows/contests, water basketball, scuba lessons in pool, kayaks, catamarans, a magic carpet in the pool for racing; the star friends are excellent with kids! They also put on shows and give the kids prizes. We took a couple underwater camara's from Walmart that he and his new friends took pictures in the pool and in the ocean. Plus they built a huge sand castle. They also have a good variety of food for kids.

New York
Level Contributor
490 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Clubs at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Riu Ocho Rios

Thank you so much for the detailed information. The Iberostar Rose Hall Suites sounds great for kids!

Illinois, USA
Level Contributor
299 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Clubs at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Riu Ocho Rios

We also packed our own rafts/tubes for the lazy river and left them there and took our own scuba mask/snorkle for him.

Right in front of the beaches area is the best for the kids to see the fish and take underwater pictures. The camara's were a big hit with the kids.

Monkey, Krazy Kenny, Carlos, Blanca, Georgia Bam (Star Friends) were absolutely wonderful. My son almost cried leaving Monkey, he sat with us for breakfast our last day there. They give t shirts and hats for the game/contest winners before the nightly show in the auditorium.

Krazy Kenny is fabulous at getting the kids/parents dancing before the shows. The star friends work non stop all day and night.

The night beach party was fun for the kids too.

The buffets have just about anything for picky eaters and the restaurants also have kids menu's or they will accommodate food orders.

We tipped them and gave them sunglasses.

They are always getting activities going.

We took water shoes b/c it is a little rocky the first couple of feet in but then stopped wearing them b/c it wasn't that bad at all.

All in all we got to relax and didn't worry about what our son was doing. We could always see him playing pingpong, darts etc from the pool. He would play in the lazy river and played basketball in the activity pool.

I liked the way the resort was set up. Enjoy!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids Clubs at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Riu Ocho Rios

Colette has covered it all pretty much. I just wanted to mention that they do have free snorkeling at the Iberostar Rose Hall. There is an area you can swim out to and use the resort's equipment.

Also there are daily snorkeling excursions for $35 pp.

New York
Level Contributor
490 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kids Clubs at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Riu Ocho Rios

Thank you all again for the responses, very informative and helpful. We are heading down April 3-9th and looking forward to our trip to Jamaica.

6. Re: Kids Clubs at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Riu Ocho Rios

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 05:17