We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

LM Iowa
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

I am think about going to Jamaica the first part of April and looking for a inexpensive all inclusive resort. Granted one is rated a 3 star and the other is a 4 star, but the 3 star has a higher customer review rating. Please let me know if you have stayed at any of these places, that or let me know if you recommend another AI in that price range. Any insight is appreciated.

Montego Bay
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

The Royal Decameron is a small spanish hotel on the hip street about three mintes from the airport.The Grand Pallidium is a huge resort near lucea, 45 minutes from the airport. The Grand Palladium has much more to offer. Several resturants to choose from a large beach and great activites. The Decameron is the opposite.

Good resorts in that price range

Iberostar Beach resort and spa,

Rosehall Resort and Spa,A Hilton Resort,

Sunset Beach Resort and Spa,

Holiday Inn resort and Spa

Rooms to go Negril

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

Depends what you like in a resort. While the Decameron is small, it is a great hotel. If you need a big glitzy hotel to make your vacation, then you'd probably want the Palladium. If you want just a laid back place then the Decameron. We've been to the Decameron four times and are hoping to get back again next year.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

I agree with anod. If you want Mega resort Palladium...it's HUGE. If you want small RDMB. Also RDMB allows you the convenience of walking to other places i.e. shopping, bars, restaurants as it's on the hip strip. The Palladium is half way between Montego Bay and Negril in Lucea. Neither has good beach.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

Does some travel agent or website REALLY call it the Grand Palladium Montego Bay?

If so, I would like to see it.

missouri
Level Contributor
429 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

I really enjoyed the Decameron. Ocean view rooms. Small and personal. Easy to walk from. Great little bar at the end of the street and Hip Strip the other way. Not the glamour of the larger resorts.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

expedia has it listed as a Montego Bay property Easton. A co worker was asking me about it yesterday. He said...well they said it was in MB. Umm ok well sorry but it isn't.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

Been to RDMB twice and loved it! It's not luxurious by any means but it is clean, has all the facilities you really need, all rooms are oceanview and really close to the water so you can hear the waves while lying in your bed and because it's a small resort you get to know everyone. We're looking into booking the Grand Palladium this year because it's only $100 more for the package and we want to try something different. But I would always recommend RDMB to anyone.

8. Re: Royal Decameron Montego Bay vs Grand Palladium Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 06:20