We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone staying at Grand Palladium wanna go to Pelican bar?

vancouver
9 posts
Save Topic
Anyone staying at Grand Palladium wanna go to Pelican bar?

Hi fellow travelers,

my bf and i will be going to jamaica Jan 22nd-29th and staying at the Grand Palladium. We were wondering if anyone was interested in going to the Pelican Bar?

I have emailed Sienna at Talk of the Town Tours (based on reviews), and unfortunately she will not be able to take us as the days that we are there, they are full. She has, however recommended someone that works out of Palladium who could take us. The cost would be $200 for 1-4 people. If we find another couple, it would be split $50/each. We will also be going to the YS falls, cost she said for that is $25.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in going those days that we will be visiting. I am not familiar with Jamaica at all and would feel safer if another couple came with us. We are both very friendly and easy to talk to (I am 24, my bf is 27). We will be coming from Vancouver, BC.

Thanks,

Klara

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
207 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone staying at Grand Palladium wanna go to Pelican bar?

Hi Klara,

We are interested in going to Pelican Bar too but we're not going to GP until Feb 25th. Looks like a really cool place to go and we'd prefer to share a cab with another couple than go on a designated tour. That way you can stop off at places along the way and it's much more personal. We did that last time we were in Jamaica and thoroughly enjoyed it. Good luck and have a great time!

2. Re: Anyone staying at Grand Palladium wanna go to Pelican bar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2010, 17:29
IA
Level Contributor
871 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone staying at Grand Palladium wanna go to Pelican bar?

Contact Gregg Connell of Reggae-Tours to take you. His rates are some of the best. he comes highly recommended.

connellgregg@yahoo.com

JA tele 876-570-2983

Matt

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone staying at Grand Palladium wanna go to Pelican bar?

My husband and I will be staying in Montego Bay (both in our very early 40's) the same week that you are...coming up, isn't it!!! Anyways, this will be my 17th trip to JA, and my husband's 7th. I have always wanted to go to the Pelican Bar!! It looks so unique and fun! In my opinion, I think that you will run a little short on time by trying to do YS Falls and Pelican Bar in one day. The drive to the Pelican Bar is quite long. YS Falls is absolutely beautiful, and it is the type of place that is what you make of it. In other words, you could stay for quite a while and eat at the restaurant, drink at the bar (prices are very reasonable for both food and beverage), swing into the falls via rope, float on a tube, hike, sight-see...you get the picture. I would recommend doing the Appleton Rum Factory tour and YS Falls in the same day. I would do Appleton first, because I think they only operate tours from like 9 to 4, then go to YS Falls, since most likely you'll be getting wet there. I would do the Pelican Bar on it's own day. I think it's an excellent idea to "cab-share" and split the fare. It will be a lot more fun that way for you, too, assuming that you'll get some fun people to do this with. Good luck in your pursuit! Have a great time!

vancouver
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone staying at Grand Palladium wanna go to Pelican bar?

Thanks everyone for sharing all info!! My trip is coming up in a few days and I cannot wait to get some sun!!

6. Re: Anyone staying at Grand Palladium wanna go to Pelican bar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 05:17