We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

Will be traveling in April with stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman..is it possible to go to Dunns River Falls without the cruise ship excursion--any suggestions on that..also, in Grand Cayman..is the ship excursion to 7-mile beach worth the price-or can it be done on your own???

Mentioned in this post
Ocho Rios
Ocho Rios
Jamaica
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
IA
Level Contributor
879 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

I personally dont book daytrips from the boat. they get a premium. Dunns is an easy trip. Catch a ride at the pier.

We did sting ray tour in Grand Cayman once and just went to the beach on our own once. It is cheaper to just buy your own drinks than do the "all inclusive beach stop". Also, you are stuck to the area they have reserved.

Last 2 times at Grand Caymen didnt even get off the boat

Matt

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
philadelphia
Level Contributor
356 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

Yes you can do Dunns River falls without excursion. The crusie ships actually dock very close to the falls. I would say just get a taxi

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

I recommend the ships excursion that goes to Dunn's River by boat and not by land. We did this and it was great fun on the boat ride and you get to enter the falls from the beach, therefore less hassling from the rather aggressive vendors at this attraction. After you climb the falls, they take you to a private beach for swimming, which is nice.

Re Cayman, I would not bother doing a ship excursion to go to Seven Mile Beach, it is practically right next door to where the ships tender to, so you could easily take a taxi. I highly recommend the Stingray City/Reef Snorkeling excursion though, it was fantastic!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise ship stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

Look into the "Cool Runnings" excursion.....awesome time. They take you right to the base of the falls,and feed you some really potent rum punch when you get back on the boat. And in the Caymans,the Stingray City trip was really good.

5. Re: Cruise ship stops in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2010, 08:15