We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Montego Bay

Appleton, WI
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Secrets Montego Bay

Has anyone seen pictures of the pool and beach at the Secrets St. James or Wild Orchid? They are not available on the Secrets website. Also, is there up-to-date information on when they will open? We are thinking of booking for Mid-April and are debating between one of these properties and a Secrets in Riveria Maya. Thanks in advance!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

Hi

They are due to open on 20th March and if you check out their pages on Facebook you will find loads of information about the two resorts including a couple of photos of the pools

facebook.com/pages/…131841136279

facebook.com/pages/…215036410452

The Director in charge of the opening is flying in tonight and will be posting a running commentary along with photos on the Facebook pages as of Thursday afternoon

We have booked to go in late August

new jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

Hi Flip Flop Man,

Chatted with you a few months ago about Excellence Punta Cana and Excellence Playa Mujeres... have been to Excellence resorts 5 times andwe were almost confirmed for EPC, again, for July when I stumbled across Secrets - Wild Orchid. Have been to both Secrets Capri and Secrets (Excellence) in the past . Well, went into the link you provided on Facebook and now, we are changing our plans for EPC and going to Secrets Wild Orchid. Thanks to you and all the posts , comments and recommendations. Trip advisor members are the best! I am excited!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

Not a problem

When have you booked for???

new jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

As I sit in my home in the midst of a major snowstorm, I am looking forward to our trip in July.

MA
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

Do they have c/o facilities? If not, what about topless? They have a sale going on now for 5 nites including air for $2,250, which includes all taxes and fees for a junior suite and shuttle to and from airport. Does this sound like a good price?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

Hi

No clothing optional but as it is AO I would think that topless will be tolerated

stamford, ct
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

Now they are due to open 5/1/2010 on website allinclusiveresort.com

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

If you check out Facebook you will see the opening date is still 30th March

"Some" TA have elected not to allow guests to book until 1st May - so much for customer choice

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

flipflop,

Not to continue beating a dead and rotting corpse, but Travel Agencies have been burned in the past, specifically in Jamaica, for booking these brand new resorts that ended up in disaster and I am sure they lost many customers because of it.

Perhaps allinclusiveoutlet was one of them...and simply decided it wasn't worth risking their reputation...again.

A travel agency wouldn't make that decision lightly. There has to be a pretty real reason for them to turn away business for the first six weeks or so a resort is to be "open".

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,126 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Montego Bay

That's fine by me as it looks as though most people will then just book with another TA or book direct

All I was trying to do was to make people aware that as far as I am aware the resort is still due to open on 20th March. Rod the Director in charge of the opening will be putting his head on the block when he starts posting live on Facebook this afternoon